Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of 15 volumes of bound lecture notes that belonged to Ethelwyn Lemon. These notes were taken by Ethelwyn Lemon herself, or by other fellow female students, in the late 19th-early 20th century at the University of Edinburgh. Notes of lectures on British history given by Sir Richard Lodge, taken down by Barbara M Craw. Edinburgh University, 1904. (4 vols) Notes of lectures on...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Content Description This collection contains 10 files of largely complete lectures notes from Archaeology 1 & 2, Social Anthropology 1, 2 & 3, Fine Art 1, Metaphysics 1 and Computer Science 1. The files also contain essays, examination scripts, departmental tests, past papers, tutorial notes, personal notes on relevant books and articles, revision notes and typed departmental notes and course information. Two printed manuals entitled 'Notes on Imp Programming', part 1 and 2, are also included....
Scope and Contents The collection holds a 19th century Irish manuscript with covering letter dated 1884. There are a large number of letters and postcards spanning the years 1881 to 1916. The collection also consists of notebooks on archaeological, philological and linguistic topics; drawings of archaeological artefacts; bundles of studies for The Pre- and Proto-Historic Finns; material on the tabulation of Finnish folk tales; printed items, notes, photographs of the Canary Islands; material including...
Scope and Contents The papers - the proceedings - contain the following pieces: Pylos Tablet Un 1322 - Dr. John Chadwick, Downing College, Cambridge, pp.1-11 Le grafie del wau nella scrittura micenea - Prof. Carlo Gallavotti, Rome, pp.12-22 The origins of Minoan architecture - Prof. J. Walter Graham, University of Toronto, p.23 Overland communications in Greece during LH III:...
Scope and Contents This collection is composed of seven Indian copper plate charters in Sanskrit recrding land grants, dating from the 5th to 16th centuries CE, and of three volumes containing rubbings of inscriptions from different regions of India, collected by Sir Walter Elliot throughout the 19th century.
- Abercromby, John Abercromby, Baron, 1841-1924 1
- Abercromby, Ralph, 1842-1897 1
- Bennett, Emmett Leslie, Professor, b. 1918 (archaeologist and classicist) 1
- Brown, Gerard Baldwin, 1849-1932 (Watson-Gordon Professor of Fine Art, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Burns, Margaret, fl 1890s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Butcher, Samuel Henry, 1850-1910 (classicist, politician and professor of greek, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Craw, Barbara M, fl 1900s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Elliot, Sir Walter, 1803-1887 (curator and archaeologist) 1
- Goodhart, Harry Chester, 1858-1895 (English footballer and Professor of Humanity, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Hannay, Robert Kerr, Professor, 1867-1940 (historian, palaeographer) 1
- Jamieson, F R, fl 1890s (lecturer in Latin Literature, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Lemon, Ethelwyn Lilias, fl 1890s-1940s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Lodge, Richard, Professor Sir, 1855-1936 (historian) 1
- Mycenaean Colloquium (1961: Wisconsin) 1
- Pattison, Andrew Seth Pringle-, 1856-1931 (Scottish philosopher) 1
- Stevenson, Isabella Watt, fl 1890s (Edinburgh University student) 1 ∧ less