Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection of documents relating to student theatre in Edinburgh gathered together by Grahame Bulfield
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-375
Scope and Contents This collection consists of 67 physical items, mainly theatre programmes, hand-outs, and newspaper cuttings relating to student theatre in Edinburgh in the late 1960s. Also includes an inventory, and a list of known student performances in Edinburgh from autumn 1964 to summer 1972. Most items are originals, but a few are copies.Click ...
Identifier: EUA GD5
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of the papers of Sir John Jackson, including: Photograph albums. Albums of newspaper clippings relating to Sir John Jackson's work, and to his and his family's personal life. Personal and business correspondence. Material relating to Sir John Jackson's candidacy as MP for Devonport in 1904, 1906, and 1910. Printed...
Item — Box: CLX-A-354
Scope and Contents Scrapbook album compiled by Violet de la Mare, sister-in-law of poet Walter de la Mare. It contains numerous newspaper clippings, some relating to de la Mare's fiction and articles by him; and two unpublished poems by Walter to his nephew James Roy Delamare.
- Blackie, John Stuart, 1809-1895 (professor, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Bulfield, Grahame, 1941-: (geneticist, formerly director and chief executive, Roslin Institute, Edinburgh and vice-principal, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Edinburgh University Dramatic Society 1
- Free Church of Scotland (1843-:) 1
- Hjort, Johan, 1869-1948 (fisheries scientist, marine zoologist, oceanographer) 1
- Jackson, Ellen Julia, fl 1876-1919 (wife of Sir John Jackson) 1
- Jackson, John, Sir, 1851-1919 (civil engineer; engineering contractor) 1
- Mare, Violet de la, 1874-1962 (sister-in-law of Walter de la Mare) 1
- Mare, Walter de la, 1873-1956 (poet and writer) 1
- St. Benedict's Abbey 1
- Tait, Peter Guthrie, 1831-1901 (mathematician and physicist) 1
- Turnbull, William, b1834 (stone cutter) 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 1
- Wilkie, Thomas, fl1880 (building worker) 1
- Zaharoff, Basil, 1849-1936 (arms-dealer, industrialist) 1 ∧ less