Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Contents The correspondence is composed of:- E97.57 - a collection of letters (11), typescript and manuscript, and some notes on calculations, relating to investigations into Aitken's abilities as a mental calculator, dating from 6 December 1960 to 7 December 1961, from Aitken (on either paper headed with Mathematical Institute, Chambers Street, Edinburgh; or, private address on Primrosebank Road, Edinburgh) to Hunter (Department of Psychology). E97.58 - a collection of letters...
Scope and Contents The small collection is composed of three Australian overseas aerogramme letters (one manuscript, and two typescript) written while on his lecturing trips to Australia. The letters are each addressed to Dr. D. J. Bruce at Department of Education, Brookside, Cambridge, or at Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. The sender's addresses were in/at: Cremorne, Sydney NSW; Adelaide University SA; and Ocean Beach, Manly NSW. The letters are dated between 12 May 1962 and 26 December 1966. The...
Scope and Contents Taylor's University of Edinburgh, B.Ed. degree graduation hood, 1948; First Class Certificate of Merit awarded to Elsie G. Taylor for her performance in Advanced Theory and History of Education, signed by Professor Godfrey Thomson, 1948; Sketch diagram of Room 70 showing positioning of staff and desks (collected by Professor Ian Deary during the Economic...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of the lectures notes, photographs and slides of Rev. George Hastie, student at the University of Edinburg in the late 1960s. The lecture notes were taken by Hastie for his MA course at Edinburgh Univertsity between 1967 and 1970. The slides show photographs taken by Hastie in 1966, 1967 and 1968. Also includes a rectorial election leaflet entitled 'The Making of a Rector', printed for the Tom Hutton Campaign in 1968.1. The lecture notes include a complete set of MA...
Scope and Contents Biographical and personal papers, c mid 19th century-1972; Publications authored and co-authored by Thomson, 1904-1954; Unpublished materials by Thomson, 1897-1954; Publications collected by Thomson regarding education, intelligence, psychology, and statistics, 1879-1971 Unpublished material collected by Thomson and authored by others, c mid 20th...
Scope and Contents The papers of Boris Semeonoff consist of thirteen notebooks containing Psychology and Education notes, two laboratory notebooks containing notes on Experimental Psychology and Experimental Education, a file containing a photograph of Semeonoff and a autobiography in typescript entitledChanging horizons: an essay in autobiography, and a thesis presented for the degree of B.Ed. 1933. The thesis is entitledA study of children's literary proclivities.
Scope and Contents The collection largely consists of letters from Godfrey Thomson to Ledermann. Many are highly mathematical in content, containing formulae and mathematical notation, though they also regard social events and contain enquiries from Thomson with regards to the safety of Ledermann's family throughout the war.
Fonds — Box: EUA-A-48
Identifier: EUA GD29
Scope and Contents 1 volume of minutes
Scope and Contents The material is composed of: minute book, 1958-1966; solicitors correspondence 1983-1993; correspondence of the Davidson Clinic Trust; accounts; notices of assignation and disposition; press statements; a notice that had been placed on the Clinic door; and two copies ofThe Davidson Clinic 1939-1973.
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 4
- Lawley, Derrick, 1915-2012 (statistician) 2
- Moray House College of Education (1959-1991) 2
- Thomson, Godfrey Hilton, Sir, 1881-1955 (psychologist and Bell Professor of Education, University of Edinburgh) 2
- Armstrong College (University of Durham). Durham College of Science (1871 -) 1
- Bartlett, Frederic Charles, Sir, 1886-1969 (professor of experimental psychology) 1
- Bartlett, Maurice Stevenson, 1910-2002 (statistician) 1
- Burt, Cyril Lodowic, Sir, 1883-1971 (educational psychologist) 1
- Davidson Clinic (Edinburgh, Scotland) 1
- Duff, James Fitzjames, Sir, 1898?1970 (educationist and academic administrator) 1
- Edinburgh Provincial Training Centre (1907-1959) 1
- Edinburgh University Psychology Society 1
- Emmett, William B, fl mid 20th century (psychologist) 1
- Fisher, Ronald Aylmer, 1890-1962 (English statistician, evolutionary biologist, geneticist, and eugenicist) 1
- Godfrey Thomson Unit for Educational Research 1
- Hotelling, Harold, 1895-1973 (mathematician) 1
- Hunter, Ian M. L, Emeritus Professor, d. 2004 (professor of psychology) 1
- Kelley, Truman Lee, 1884-1961 (psychometrician, statistician) 1
- Ledermann, Walter (1911-2009) 1
- Ledermann, Walter (Mathematician) 1
- Rushforth, Dr., Winifred, 1885-1983 (Surgeon; Midwife; Psychiatrist) 1
- Scottish Council for Research in Education (fl. 1928-2003) 1
- Semeonoff, Boris, 1910-1998, psychologist 1
- Sutherland, John D., Dr., 1905-1991 (lecturer, psychologist and psychoanalyst) 1
- Taylor, Elsie Gwenllian, 1922- (B.Ed. graduate, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Thomson, Hector, 1917-2008 (senior lecturer of ancient and modern Greek, University of Aberdeen) 1
- Thomson, Jane, Lady, fl. 1890-1971 1
- Thouless, Dr., Robert Henry, 1894-1984 (Reader Emeritus in Educational Psychology, Cambridge) 1
- Thurstone, Louis Leon, 1887-1955 (psychometrician) 1
- Torrance, James B, 1923-2003 (theologian) 1
- Torrance, Thomas Forsyth, 1913-2007 (theologian, and Professor of Christian Dogmatics at New College, Edinburgh) 1
- University of Durham (1832-:) 1 ∧ less