Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of: - c.100 photographic negatives showing animals and farmyard themes - undated news clipping about the death of Principal O. Charnock Bradley, head of the then Royal (Dick) Veterinary College - report of the visit to Kenya undetaken by Elmslie and Brennan in 1960 - memorandum from the Colonial Office, 1930, relating to agricultural,...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of an imposing photograph of John A. W. Dollar, circa 1904-1905, in his presidential robes - President of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons - and a bill with engraved bill-head of the Dollar veterinary practice on New Bond Street, London, with a fine engraved bill-head, a rare survival. The portrait was taken by the firm Elliott and Fry, 55 Baker Street, London W, and is numbered in pencil as No.206440D. The bill with engraved bill-head...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1479, Box: data_value_missing_7179d7c6a47ec6fd570e3f6c903e31a0, Box: data_value_missing_922361260ad8b6a83051dd1f305a8c3d
Content Description Papers relating to Charles Weighton's veterinary career, including a trocar and canula (instruments designed to treat bloat in cattle) and related papers and leaflets; and various documents and correspondence (1952-1977).
Scope and Contents This paper on The domestic buffalo in Malaysia consists of 71-pages, numbered, together with a loose covering letter at rear addressed to Professor Francis Albert Eley Crew (1886-1973), Professor of Animal Genetics at Edinburgh University, and supporting the content of the paper. It contains chapters on zoological classification, anatomy and physiology, buffalo farming, and diseases. There are c.23 black and white photographs pasted in. The paper...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of 14 academic session medals (5 silver and 9 bronze) awarded to James Roland Rider between 1913 and 1918. The medals were awarded by both the Royal (Dick) Veterinary College, Edinburgh, and the Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland.The medals can be described thus: - 1913 - silver - obverse: decorated with raised seated classical figure with Scottish armorial shield...
Scope and Contents The collection contains:
- 1 x degree certificate in the name of Andrew Crawford Hume
- 4 x degree/certificates in the name of Thomas Hume
- 1 tool-bound volume containingJail hygiene in India, published in Calcutta, 1881, andVaso-motor diseases in India, 1879, which was owned by A. Hume aboard 'HMS Marathon', Bombay, Sept. 1891
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of a number of certificates and other documents marking moments in Hutchinson's life and career, including: birth certificate and death certificate; baptismal certificate dated 26 December 1915; letter of award of scholarship to Houghton-le-Spring, 20 June 1927; confirmation card in the name of Hutchinson, dated 5 June 1929; school certificate, July 1931, showing passes with credit in English Literature, History, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry and...
Scope and Contents The papers are composed of: an Edinburgh Veterinary College document, being a 'Statement on behalf of ... petitioners for a Veterinary College for Scotland', dated November 1867; a copy of the Pharmacy Act (1868) Amendment; miscellaneous letters to Aitken from 1866 to 1889; newspaper cutting; and, photograph.
Scope and Contents Notes on 89 lectures on the anatomy, physiology and pathology of the horse delivered by Professor Edward Coleman at the London Veterinary College, Camden Town, taken down by William Dick.
- Veterinary Surgery 3
- Cattle 2
- Degrees, Academic 1
- India 1
- Malay Peninsula 1
- Medals 1
- Medals -- Royal (Dick) Veterinary College (1839-1951) 1
- Pahang (Malaysia) 1
- Photographs 1
- Surgeons 1
- Water buffalo 1
- Zoology | Study and teaching | 1 ∧ less
- Latin 1
- Dollar, Thomas Aitken, 1833-1909 (Veterinary scientist) 2
- Bradley, O. Charnock (Principal, Roayl (Dick) Veterinary College, Edinburgh) 1
- Brennan, A. D. J. (Veterinarian) 1
- Coleman, Edward 1
- Dick, William, 1793-1866, Veterinary Scientist 1
- Dollar, John Archibald Watt, 1866-1947, Veterinarian 1
- Elmslie, James S. K., fl. 1930-1970 (Veterinarian) 1
- Hume, Andrew Crawford, d. 1970 (Veterinary Surgeon) 1
- Hume, Thomas, (1852-1890) (Surgeon) 1
- Hutchinson, Robert Anderson, 1915-1990, Veterinary Surgeon 1
- Macgregor, R., fl. 1938 (veterinarian) 1
- Rider, Dr., James Roland, 1894-1942 (Veterinary Surgeon) 1
- T. A. Dollar and Sons, Veterinary Surgeons 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 1
- Weighton, Charles (veterinary surgeon) 1 ∧ less