Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents Seventeen volumes of lectures notes by Victor Field Usher, a medical student at the University of Edinburgh in 1902-1907, who became the first physician to introduce Arsphenamine (the first effective treatment for syphilis, developed by Prof. Paul Ehrlich) to the UK. The fonds includes: Three volumes entitled Practice of Medicine - Gibson, Philip & Bruce containing notes and...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents 1. King's College and University, Aberdeen. Award of the degree of Doctor of Divinity to W.R. 3 July 1764. Signed by the following professors: John Chalmers, John Lumsden, John Gregory, Alexander Burnet, Thomas Gordon, Thomas Reid, John Leslie, George Gordon. Vellum, approx. 60 cms x 68 cms, with small wax seal in metal box attached. 2. Edinburgh, Town Council. Commission of W.R. as Principal of the University of Edinburgh. 11 November 1762. Signed by George Drummond,...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-375
Scope and Contents Graduation certificate, on vellum, of William Kerr Smith, who graduated from Edinburgh University in 1771 with a Master's in Liberal Arts. A red wax seal in a metal case is appended to the certificate. It represents a castle surrounded with the words 'S.[IGILLUM] COMMUNITATIS. BURGI. DE EDENBURGH. AD. CAUSAS.', and was appended by the City of Edinburgh to confirm the authenticity of the diploma.This collection also includes William Smith's ordination certificate, as he became the Episcopal...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-327
Scope and Contents This collection consists mostly of William Kennedy Reid's student records when he was studying Classics at the University of Edinburgh: correspondence, certificates, graduation booklets and leaflets, matriculation cards, two photographs, and three medals in their cases. Pass certificates and matriculation cards from the University of Edinburgh in Classics: Ancient History, Greek, Latin, Classical Archaeology,...
Scope and Contents This fonds consists mostly of certificates, diplomas, letters, and official documents related to Sir William Turner (1832-1916), to his son William Aldren Turner (1864-1945), and his grandson John William Aldren Turner (1911-1980). It also includes documents related to John Aymers MacDougall (1844-1928), and a significant number of family photographs which seemingly belonged to Arthur Patrick Logan Turner (fl 1940s-1970s).
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-360
Content Description This collection is composed of the papers of Agnes Irene Sinclair Coghill, medical student at the University of Edinburgh in the 1890s, and of a bound selection of articles published by her father John George Sinclair Coghill in The Lancet in 1859.1. The papers of Agnes Coghill include her degree certificate signed by the Vice-Chancellor, the Dean of the Faculty and the Senate's Secretary. She was awarded a Master in Surgery ("Gradum Magistri in Chirurgia") in 1897. Also included are...
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 2
- Caird, Francis Mitchell, 1853-1926 (Scottish surgeon, Regius Professor of Clinical Surgery at the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Chiene, John, 1843-1923 (Scottish surgeon, Professor of Surgery at the University of Edinburgh ) 1
- Coghill, Agnes Irene Sinclair, c 1875-1904 (medical student; University of Edinburgh) 1
- Coghill, John George Sinclair, 1834-1919 (Physician) 1
- Dickson, William Elliot Carnegie, 1878-1954 (Scottish physician) 1
- Haultain, Francis William Nicol, 1861-1921 (Gynaecologist and obstetrician) 1
- Mackay, George, 1861-1949 (British ophthalmic surgeon) 1
- Reid, William Kennedy, KCB, Sir, 1931- (Scottish civil servant) 1
- Robertson, William, 1721-1793 (historian, principal of the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Stiles, Sir Harold Jalland, 1863-1946 (British surgeon) 1
- Usher, Victor Field, 1880-1952 (physician, medical alumnus of Edinburgh University) 1 ∧ less