Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Content Description This collection includes objects relating to the Commonwealth Games held in Edinburgh in 1986, that belonged to Colin Cruickshank. One banner celebrating the University's Quatercentenary in 1983 that had been hanged on the wall of the Sports Hall during the 1986 Commonwealth Games. The Sports Hall had been turned into the Air Weapons Range for the occasion. Two Commonwealth Games commemorative...
Collection — Box: CLX-A-375
Scope and Contents Five photographs from the reunion at the Radcliffe Infirmary in Oxford, marking the 50th-anniversary of the first clinical use of penicillin. The pictures show Sir Edward Abraham, Professor Charles Fletcher, Lady Florey, Dr. Norman Heatley, and Kenneth Jones. Also include high-quality copies on paper.
- Subject: Anniversaries and Special Events X
- Commonwealth Games 1
- England -- Oxfordshire -- Oxford 1
- Penicillin 1
- Photographs 1
- Abraham, Sir Edward Penley, 1913-1999 (English biochemist) 1
- Fletcher, Charles Montague, 1911-1995 (physician and epidemiologist) 1
- Heatley, Norman George, 1911-2004 (English biochemist) 1
- Jennings, Margaret Augusta, 1904-1994 (British scientist) 1
- Jones, Kenneth, fl 1990s (early penicillin patient) 1