Showing Collections: 11 - 12 of 12
Scope and Contents The papers of Sir Isaac Bayley Balfour consist of material relating to work on the flora of Socotra, 1883; letters; class tickets from 1871 and into the mid-1870s; notebook; notes; lecture notes; University of Glasgow class catalogues; material relating to the University of Edinburgh Commission of 1858, and its Reports on Botany, and Botany in the Arts Curriculum; material on the Universities Scotland Bill; and, material on botany excursions.
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-228
Scope and Contents Two volumes of lecture notes taken by sisters Susan and Janet Robb, originally from Woodend, Carnwath, dating from the 1890s and early 1900s.
- Notes taken down by Susan Robb on botany lectures given by Professor S. Elliot, 17 May 1901.
- Lecture notes taken down by Janet Robb on the subject of physiography, 1890s.
- Subject: Botany X
- Balfour, Sir Isaac Bayley, 1853-1922 (professor of botany, University of Edinburgh and regius keeper of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh) 2
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 2
- Agriculture Society of Edinburgh 1
- Brown, Robert, 1908-1999, Professor of Botany 1
- Cronstedt, Axel Fredrik, 1722-1765 (Swedish chemist) 1
- Cullen, William, 1710-1790 (chemist and mettalurgist) 1
- Davis, Peter Hadland, 1918-1992, Professor of Plant Taxonomy 1
- Elliot, S, fl 1890s-1901 (Professor of Botany) 1
- Highland Society of Scotland 1
- Home, Henry, Lord Kames, 1696-1782 (judge and philosopher) 1
- Linnaeus, Carl, 1707-1778 (Swedish taxonomist) 1
- Lowe, John, Dr., 1830-1902 (physician; natural historian and botanist) 1
- Macadam, Stevenson, 1829-1901, chemist 1
- Natural History Society of Edinburgh 1
- Robb, Janet, fl 1890s (Edinburgh University(?) student) 1
- Robb, Susan, fl 1901 (Edinburgh University(?) student) 1
- Roxburgh, William, 1751-1815 (Botanist) 1
- Rutherford, Daniel, 1749-1819 (physician and botanist) 1
- Torrance, James B, 1923-2003 (theologian) 1
- Torrance, Thomas Forsyth, 1913-2007 (theologian, and Professor of Christian Dogmatics at New College, Edinburgh) 1
- University of Edinburgh, Natural History Collection. Natural History Collection (1697-1812) 1
- Walker, Alexander, 1764-1831, Brigadier General, Colonial Administrator in East India Company, Governor of St Helena 1
- Walker, John, 1731-1803 (professor of natural history, University of Edinburgh and clergyman) 1
- Watson, James R, fl 1890s (Edinburgh University student) 1 ∧ less