Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 21
Scope and Contents The Maurice Lindsay Papers contain poetry notebooks; drafts, manuscripts and typescripts; radio scripts; incoming correspondence and some carbon replies; articles by Lindsay; C.M. Grieve manuscripts; and, outgoing correspondence. Within the Maurice Lindsay Papers are up to three boxes containing private and personal letters (dated 1943-46) between Lindsay and his future wife and which are not available for general study until after the deaths of the writer and recipient without their express...
Scope and Contents The ms of Love, Freedom and Society spans 345pp, in closely written handwriting, covering the entire text of the work. As well as sections on D. H. Lawrence and Albert Schweitzer, the ms also includes a set of politically based conclusions entitled 'A political epilogue' which was omitted from the final publication. These conclusions were replaced with the chapter 'Christianity and tragedy' which is also present in the ms. Letter of provenance is...
Scope and Contents The Papers of Fred Urquhart contain drawings, diplomas, essays, stories, poems and early manuscripts; and, various notes, and typescripts. There are reports and correspondence from periods with Cassell, and J.M. Dent, and relating to work with other publishers and MGM and Walt Disney. The collection includes diaries and notebooks on H.E. Bates from the 1930s; and, address books and diaries covering several decades. There is correspondence with his parents between 1936-1965, and a great deal of...
Scope and Contents The collection includes critical reviews, including typescripts and proof sheets of some of these; poems, possibly by Katherine Mansfield; typescript notes of work; typescripts of articles; galley proofs; manuscript notebooks; bundles of notes on Keats; lectures and speeches; and , essays. There are also albums of press cuttings between 1939-47, and letters, letterbooks, diary, and contracts. Some material unidentified or undated.Click ...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents The Papers of Professor David Talbot Rice are mainly notes for Fine Art lectures in the 20th century.
Dates: circa 1938-1972
Scope and Contents The Papers of Professor George Saintsbury include articles, introductions, addresses, lectures, obituaries, reviews, letters and postcards, and notes. The collection consists of holographs, typescripts, galley proofs, page proofs, and corrections. There is an autograph manuscript ofA last scrap book, and others of miscellaneous articles.
Dates: circa 1886-1930
Scope and Contents The Papers of Professor John Everett Butt consist of notes for lectures on English literature at the Universities of Leeds, London, Newcastle and Edinburgh.
Scope and Contents The papers of Professor Renwick consist largely of material on Edmund Spenser. More specifically there are notes on sources forA view of the present state of Ireland, and forThe Shepheards calendar, as well as collations of textual and bibliographical variants ofThe Faerie Queen. There is a draft essay onThe Faerie Queen; a typescript of a lecture; short notes mostly relating to Spenser; and, miscellaneous correspondence and papers mostly on Scholartis Press editions.
Scope and Contents The papers are composed of: notes and correspondence about translation of the Anglo-SaxonHeliand; manuscript of the introduction to the translation; sermons; diary; photos; and, diplomas, degrees etc.
Scope and Contents The collections is composed of: autograph manuscripts; typed manuscripts; signed autograph letters and signed typed letters; and autograph post cards. There are also contents lists and corrected galley proofs. The collection includes letters of congratulation on the publication of the journal, and letters from Christopher Grieve (Hugh MacDiarmid).
- Subject: English literature | X
- English literature | 20th century 18
- Scottish literature | 20th century 4
- Correspondence 3
- English literature 2
- English literature | Criticism, Textual | 2
- Lectures and Lecturing 2
- Poetry 2
- Poets 2
- Art, Byzantine | 1
- Art, Islamic | 1
- Art, Medieval 1
- Arts 1
- Authors 1
- Biography 1
- Broadcasters | 1
- English literature | Old English, ca. 450-1100 | 1
- French literature 1
- Gays' writings | 1
- Literature 1
- Orkney Scotland 1
- Radio Broadcasting 1
- Rhetoric 1
- Stromness (Scotland) 1
- Student lecture notes 1
- Students 1
- Typescripts 1 ∧ less
- English 11
- English 8
- Multiple languages 1
- Murry, John Middleton, 1889-1957 (writer, reviewer) 2
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 (playwright) 2
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 2
- Blunden, Edmund Charles, 1896-1974 (English poet, author and critic) 1
- Brown, George Mackay, 1921-1996 (writer and poet) 1
- Brunner, Hugo, b. 1935 (publisher) 1
- Butt, John, 1906-1965 1
- Dobrée, Bonamy, 1891-1974 (Professor of English Literature, University of Leeds) 1
- Durcan, Paul, b. 1944, Literary critic 1
- Green, Martin, fl. 1969-1970, Literary critic 1
- Grierson, Herbert John Clifford, 1866-1960 (literary critic and professor of English Literature) 1
- Halliwell-Phillipps, J. O. (James Orchard), 1820-1889 (antiquarian and scholar) 1
- Koteliansky, Samuel Solomonovich, 1880-1955, Translator 1
- Lawrence, David Herbert, 1885-1930 (poet novelist and essayist) 1
- Lawrence, David Herbert, Poet Novelist and Essayist (1885-1930) 1
- Lindsay, John Maurice, 1918-2009 (Scottish poet) 1
- MacDiarmid, Hugh, 1892-1978 (Scottish poet) 1
- Malloch, James, fl. 1878-1879 1
- Mansfield, Katherine, 1888-1923 1
- Mare, Walter de la, 1873-1956 (poet and writer) 1
- Masson, David Mather, 1822-1907 (Regius Professor of Rhetoric and Belles Lettres, Edinburgh University) 1
- Morland, Samuel, Sir, 1625-1695 1
- Nye, Robert, 1939-2016 (poet, writer, critic) 1
- Philip, Robert George, fl. 1900 1
- Renwick, William Lindsay, 1889-1970 (professor) 1
- Rice, David Talbot, 1903-1972 (art historian) 1
- Saintsbury, George Edward Bateman, 1845-1933 (literary critic and historian) 1
- Spenser, Edmund, 1552-1599 1
- Stam, Dr., David H., b. 1935 (University Librarian Emeritus) 1
- Thiselton, Alfred Edward, 1857-1904, Writer on Shakespeare 1
- Two Rivers (Literary Journal) 1
- Urquhart, Frederick Burrows, 1912-1995 1
- Wain, John Barrington, CBE, 1925-1994 (English poet) 1
- Waterlow, Sydney Philip, 1878-1944, Sir (Knight Diplomat) 1
- Young, Andrew John, 1885-1971 (Canon of Chichester Cathedral, Poet) 1 ∧ less