Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents This archive relates to the Clermiston Estate and to the Dick family and includes papers particular to, and signed by, Sir Alexander Dick (1703-1785), a notable medical man of the time. The papers, mostly legal, include: instruments of sasine, heritable bonds, bonds of corroboration, documents of discharge and renunciation, searches of incumbrances, a plan of Cramond Muir Road, a sketch of parts of Cramond Moor, a description of Clermiston House, measurement of turnips sold on the Estate, and...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of: a typescript accountViolet in Nigeriaedited by Margaret A. Kerrich (nee Cragg) from her mother's letters covering the period 1924-1930, and about the life of a District Officer's family; 2 cassette tapes recorded on three of the four sides by Kerrich relating experiences in Nigeria 1931-1932, and based on a diary; a small number of photographs (some of a leopard, possibly 'Piccin'), drawings and miscellaneous items; and, a nameplate for 'Piccin' the leopard which...
Handmade magazine The Cavalier, double Xmas no 1916 Vol. IV, together with a photograph album of the Smythe family
Collection — Box: CLX-A-375
Scope and Contents One handmade 'magazine' constructed by Scottish ladies forming a group called 'The Cavalier Club', composed of Barbara E. Smythe (editor), Susy F. Lumsden (treasurer), Jean Drummond, Victoria A. Drummond, Frances A. Drummond, Doreen Arbuthnot, and Susan Newdegate. The magazine is entitled The Calavier and was to be borrowed by a select group of recipients, to help raise funds for the war effort. This is the Double Xmas no. 1916, vol IV. It includes short...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of bonds of provision, discharges and statements, bonds of corroboration, discharges of interest, dispositions and assignations, bonds of relief, calculations of interest, notes of mines and seams at Edmonstone and Wolmote, lists of bonds due, and states of bonds due.
- Subject: Family archives X
- Family records | 3
- Christmas Cards 1
- Diaries 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Photographs 1
- English 3
- English 1
- Arbuthnot, Doreen, fl 1910s (contributor to 'The Cavalier' magazine) 1
- Cragg, W., fl. 1924-1931, Major, District Officer in Nigeria 1
- Dick, Alexander, 1703-1785, Sir (3rd Baronet Physician) 1
- Drummond, Frances A, fl 1910s (contributor to 'The Cavalier' magazine) 1
- Drummond, Jean, fl 1910s (contributor to 'The Cavalier' magazine) 1
- Drummond, Victoria A, fl 1910s (contributor to 'The Cavalier' magazine) 1
- Kerrich, Margaret A. 1
- Lumsden, Susy F, fl 1910s (treasurer of 'The Cavalier club') 1
- Scott, Walter, 1729-1799 (Writer to the Signet, Father of the Scottish Writer) 1
- Smythe, Barbara E, b 1899 (editor of The Cavalier) 1 ∧ less