Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Content Description Collection of six ornately decorated 18th-century manuscript documents relating to the Cochrane family of Scotland, including two marriage documents and four burgess tickets: Two documents relating to the marriage of William Cochrane and Agnes Carse, both dated 19 July 1706, Edinburgh: a marriage contract, listing over 400 points on which they pledged agreement, measuring 30 cm x 274 cm ; and a marriage...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Content Description The archive contains many letters from, to, and between members of of the Scott Moncreiff family including Robert Scott Moncreiff of Fossaway and his wife, Susan, and others of the family. The letters are mostly 19th century, some 18th century, and earlier.There is also a quantity of ms letters, legal documents, and printed matter relating to the Scott Moncreiffs of Yair and Fossaway, Perthshire... including instruments of sasine, and share certificates, the former in favour of Mrs. Scott...
- Family papers 1
- History, 17th Century (Scotland) 1
- History, 19th century (Scotland) 1
- Legal Documents 1
- Legal documents | Scotland | 1
- English 1
- English 1
- Carse, Agnes, fl 1706 (wife of William Cochrane, Edinburgh) 1
- Cochrane, James, fl 1700-1799 (Edinburgh printer) 1
- Cochrane, William, d before 1718 (Edinburgh writer ) 1
- Moncreiff, Robert Scott, 1793-1869 (advocate, illustrator and caricaturist) 1