Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection of 65 Scottish charters and other documents, from 1402 to 1699, in Latin and Scots, some with seals
Scope and Contents The collection of 65 Scottish charters and documents, on vellum and paper, is composed of the following: Charter between Alexander, Abbot of Scone, entirely in Early Scots, on vellum, dated 21 August 1402, 270mm. by 160mm., with the suspended complete wax seal of Katherine Paxton. Charter of Robert Logy, burgess of Perth, to Andrew Charters, of lands in Perth, in Latin, on vellum, dated 4 June...
Scope and Contents The facsimile charters are loose and are numbered at rear from 1 to 288. A few are missing, and these are, nos: 37, 50, 89, 110-111, 136-137, 151, 211, and 233.
Scope and Contents The papers of Professor Gordon Donaldson within Gen. 1627-1645 consist of general and individual correspondence and correspondence with institutions and publishers. There is material and notes on churches, about crofters, emigration, genealogy, and the Northern Isles. There are lectures and notes; personal and family papers; photographs; and, press cuttings. There is manuscript material, typescript material, and proofs. These all cover the period 1935-1993.The collection also contains...
- Latin Language 2
- Legal Documents 2
- Scots language 2
- Charters | Collections | 1
- Church History 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Historians 1
- History, 15th century (Scotland) 1
- History, 17th Century (Scotland) 1
- Lectures and Lecturing 1
- Photographs 1
- Publishers 1
- Scotland 1
- Scotland -- History 1
- University of Edinburgh -- staff 1 ∧ less
- Latin 1
- Donaldson, Gordon, 1913-1993 (Scottish historian; Sir William Fraser Professor of Scottish History and Palaeography) 1
- Fraser, William, Sir, 1816-1898 (solicitor, historian, palaeographer, and genealogist) 1