Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents 1. King's College and University, Aberdeen. Award of the degree of Doctor of Divinity to W.R. 3 July 1764. Signed by the following professors: John Chalmers, John Lumsden, John Gregory, Alexander Burnet, Thomas Gordon, Thomas Reid, John Leslie, George Gordon. Vellum, approx. 60 cms x 68 cms, with small wax seal in metal box attached. 2. Edinburgh, Town Council. Commission of W.R. as Principal of the University of Edinburgh. 11 November 1762. Signed by George Drummond,...
Scope and Contents 4 notebook volumes containing manuscript notes, being: Minute notebook. Historical Association of Scotland. Edinburgh and South East of Scotland Branch. 1911-1920 Minute notebook. Historical Association of Scotland. Edinburgh Branch. Session 1920-1921 to Annual meeting 1937 Statements of accounts. Historical Association of Scotland. Edinburgh and South East of Scotland Branch....
Scope and Contents The papers of Professor Gordon Donaldson within Gen. 1627-1645 consist of general and individual correspondence and correspondence with institutions and publishers. There is material and notes on churches, about crofters, emigration, genealogy, and the Northern Isles. There are lectures and notes; personal and family papers; photographs; and, press cuttings. There is manuscript material, typescript material, and proofs. These all cover the period 1935-1993. The collection also...
- Church History 1
- Diplomas 1
- History 1
- History | Societies, etc. 1
- History | Study and teaching 1
- Latin 1
- Balfour-Melville, Evan Whyte Melville, 1887-1963 (Senior lecturer in history, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Donaldson, Gordon, 1913-1993 1
- Hannay, Robert Kerr, Professor, 1867-1940 (historian, palaeographer) 1
- Heatley, D. P., fl.1924 (president of the Edinburgh and South East Scotland Branch, Historical Association of Scotland) 1
- Historical Association of Scotland (Edinburgh and South East Scotland Branch) 1
- Lodge, Richard, Professor Sir, 1855-1936 (historian) 1
- MacEwen, Alexander Robertson, 1851-1916 (ecclesiastical historian) 1
- Robertson, William, 1721-1793 (historian, principal of the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Ross, W. C. A., fl. 1929-33 (president of the Edinburgh and South East Scotland Branch of the Historical Association of Scotland) 1
- Williams, Arthur Frederic Basil, Professor, 1867-1950 (historian) 1 ∧ less