Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents The collection of Coltness Papers contains letters, family documents, commonplace books, accounts, historical and bioraphical manuscripts, and certificates dating mainly from the 17th-19th centuries, and relating to the Steuart family. See the box list fore more details.
Scope and Contents Correspondence, diaries, legal documents, inventories, student notes, sermons, and business accounts relating to the members of the Anderson, Urquhart, and Graham families (all related). The material covers the 18th and 19th centuries and relates to subjects as varied as ironmongery, sea travel, study of humanities in the 1820s, preaching and sermons, school teaching, etc. This collection provides an excellent insight into the daily life in Edinburgh in the late 1700s and in the 1800s.
Content Description Collection of six ornately decorated 18th-century manuscript documents relating to the Cochrane family of Scotland, including two marriage documents and four burgess tickets: Two documents relating to the marriage of William Cochrane and Agnes Carse, both dated 19 July 1706, Edinburgh: a marriage contract, listing over 400 points on which they pledged agreement, measuring 30 cm x 274 cm ; and a marriage...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Content Description The archive contains many letters from, to, and between members of of the Scott Moncreiff family including Robert Scott Moncreiff of Fossaway and his wife, Susan, and others of the family. The letters are mostly 19th century, some 18th century, and earlier.There is also a quantity of ms letters, legal documents, and printed matter relating to the Scott Moncreiffs of Yair and Fossaway, Perthshire... including instruments of sasine, and share certificates, the former in favour of Mrs. Scott...
- Family papers 3
- History, 19th century (Scotland) 3
- Family History 2
- Edinburgh -- Scotland 1
- History, 17th Century (Scotland) 1
- Legal Documents 1
- Legal documents | Scotland | 1
- Marriage 1
- Scotland -- Wishaw 1
- Scotland | History | 17th century 1
- guilds 1 ∧ less
- English 2
- English 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Anderson (Edinburgh) 1
- Carse, Agnes, fl 1706 (wife of William Cochrane, Edinburgh) 1
- Cochrane, James, fl 1700-1799 (Edinburgh printer) 1
- Cochrane, William, d before 1718 (Edinburgh writer ) 1
- Denham, Sir James Steuart, 1712-1780 (3rd Baronet of Goodtrees and 7th Baronet of Coltness | economist | husband of Lady Frances Steuart (1722-1789)) 1
- Denham, Sir James Steuart, 1744-1839 (4th baronet of Goodtrees and 8th baronet of Coltness | British Army Officer) 1
- Graham (Edinburgh) 1
- Moncreiff, Robert Scott, 1793-1869 (advocate, illustrator and caricaturist) 1
- Steuart, Baronets (of Coltness) 1
- Steuart, Sir James, 1608-1681 (Lord Provost of Edinburgh) 1
- Steuart, Sir James, 1635-1713 (Lord Advocate of Scotland) 1
- Steuart, Sir James, 1681-1727 (Solicitor-General of Scotland) 1
- Urquhart (Perth) 1 ∧ less