Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents The inventory includes mention of John Kennedy of Blairquhan and his chapel at St. Ninian's (1508). There is also the will of the jeweller and philanthropist, George Heriot (1563-1624), who left funds to Edinburgh's ministers to found the hospital which bore his name (now a school). In addition there are letters from Lord Salisbury, Fentoun (Alexander Erskine, Viscount Fentoun), and others, and including Scottish government letters of condolence on the death of Henry, Prince of Wales,...
Scope and Contents The collection of Coltness Papers contains letters, family documents, commonplace books, accounts, historical and bioraphical manuscripts, and certificates dating mainly from the 17th-19th centuries, and relating to the Steuart family. See the box list fore more details.
Scope and Contents Manuscript book. [Major Practicks]. The 'Practiques and decisiones of the Lords of sessions, with sev[er]all Collectiones out of the booke of the Majestie, Burrow Lawes, Acts of Parlia[men]t and bookes of Sederunt Collected (as is supposed) by Sir Thomas Hope elder whose the Observationes of the practiques are when he was Kings advocat putt in order and addit unto, by his sonne Sir Thomas Hope Junior of Carse'. The book bears the arms or book plate of Dundas of Arniston, front cover, and on the...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of: a conference by letters with a Canterburian Minister anent the Arminian tenet of the Saint's apostasie; Duorum studiosorum de geniculatione ... collatio; A peaceable consideration of a paper against kneeling; Commentariolus de praecipius Pontificorum armoribus; Tractatus de forma et causa justificationis; Oratio in Academia Glasguensis comitiis habita a R.B. anno 1627; Oratio in laudem linguae Hebraeae in Academia comitiis ... 1629; and, My brothers books . There...
Found in: New College Library Special Collections
Scope and Contents The bound manuscript volume begins with a paragraph in Latin, thereafter it is in English. The 'revenues or patrimony' are listed by 'county' or other, beginning with 'Berwyck Shyre' with 'property', and 'observations' noted. Then follows 'Shyre of Selkirk', 'Roxburgh Shyre', 'Peebles Shyre', Dumfriece Shyre', 'Lanark Shyre', Kirkcudbright Stewartrie', 'Wigtoune Shyre','Chamberlane of Galloway', 'Air Shyre', 'Bailliarie of Carrick', 'Bailliarie of Kyle', Dumbrittane Shyre', 'Bute Shyre',...
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 5
- New College Library Special Collections 1
- Church History 1
- Church history -- 17th century 1
- Counties 1
- Family History 1
- Family papers 1
- History, 18th century (Scotland) 1
- History, 19th century (Scotland) 1
- Scotland -- Wishaw 1
- Sermons 1
- Theses 1 ∧ less
- English 4
- Latin 2
- English 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Denham, Sir James Steuart, 1712-1780 (3rd Baronet of Goodtrees and 7th Baronet of Coltness | economist | husband of Lady Frances Steuart (1722-1789)) 1
- Denham, Sir James Steuart, 1744-1839 (4th baronet of Goodtrees and 8th baronet of Coltness | British Army Officer) 1
- Hope, Thomas, Sir Thomas Hope of Kerse, 1606?1643 (judge; politician) 1
- Hope, Thomas, Sir, 1573-1646 (1st baronet, of Craighall; lawyer) 1
- Sharp, James, 1613-1679 (Archbishop of St. Andrews) 1