Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents 1. King's College and University, Aberdeen. Award of the degree of Doctor of Divinity to W.R. 3 July 1764. Signed by the following professors: John Chalmers, John Lumsden, John Gregory, Alexander Burnet, Thomas Gordon, Thomas Reid, John Leslie, George Gordon. Vellum, approx. 60 cms x 68 cms, with small wax seal in metal box attached. 2. Edinburgh, Town Council. Commission of W.R. as Principal of the University of Edinburgh. 11 November 1762. Signed by George Drummond,...
Content Description Collection of six ornately decorated 18th-century manuscript documents relating to the Cochrane family of Scotland, including two marriage documents and four burgess tickets: Two documents relating to the marriage of William Cochrane and Agnes Carse, both dated 19 July 1706, Edinburgh: a marriage contract, listing over 400 points on which they pledged agreement, measuring 30 cm x 274 cm ; and a marriage...
- Diplomas 1
- Family papers 1
- Historians 1
- History 1
- History, 18th century (Scotland) 1
- English 1
- English 1
- Carse, Agnes, fl 1706 (wife of William Cochrane, Edinburgh) 1
- Cochrane, James, fl 1700-1799 (Edinburgh printer) 1
- Cochrane, William, d before 1718 (Edinburgh writer ) 1
- Robertson, William, 1721-1793 (historian, principal of the University of Edinburgh) 1