Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 31
Scope and Contents Two notebooks containing notes of lectures on Scots law, 1808-1809, given by David Hume, Baron of the Exchequer (Scotland). Notes taken down by person unknown.
Scope and Contents One notebook containing notes entitled 'Notes of lectures on the law of Scotland, from 'Marriage' to 'General Service', 1810-1811. Lectures given by David Hume, Baron of the Exchequer (Scotland), at the University of Edinburgh. Notes taken down by person unknown.
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-359
Scope and Contents Two sets (bound) of notes on lectures given by Prof. George Joseph Bell. The notes in the second volume were taken down by Thomas Sees. Volume entitled 'Notes on the Law of Scotland from the Lectures of Mr Bell, Edinburgh College', 1822-1823 Volume entitled 'Notes on the Law of Scotland, from Lectures delivered in the University of Edinburgh, by George Joseph Bell Esquire Advocate', 26 October...
Scope and Contents The law notes are composed of: Scots Law - 2 volumes Civil Law - De Pactis etc Roman Law - Edinburgh Session 1886-87 Constitutional History Personal Law (possibly Cambridge) Law of Contract (Cambridge 1883) Jurisprudence International Law 1884-85 Roman Law ...
Scope and Contents This is a collection of autograph manuscripts of Allan Maconochie (Lord Meadowbank). The manuscripts (1780s) consist largely of lectures and notes and many of the notes are incomplete or unfinished as it was the practice of Maconochie to finish in mid-sentence. The collection is composed of lecture/meeting notes on economics, law, government and society etc., and include those on: - the importance of...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of loose manuscript sheets (in some disorder) found among Moffat's papers, and they include teaching notes, material belonging to a book on legal reasoning that Moffat had been working on at his death, and copies of these notes on law, norms of reasoning, legal language and the nature of legal thought.
Scope and Contents The Lorimer papers consist of: manuscript material onInstitutes of law; manuscript material and proofs forThe institutes of the law of nations; lectures and University papers; biographical material compiled from Lorimer's family history; articles, offprints and correspondence; pamphlets on the Eastern Question; and, printed papers and cuttings. There are bound volumes containing lectures, notes and printed matter.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of (in many cases simply copies of) cases, reports, drafts, memoranda, off-prints, articles, notes, correspondence, lectures and addresses, news-clippings and other material relating to: Defective consent Illegality of obligations / Illegality and morailty / Illegal contracts Contract code / Contract code - Minors Unjustified...
Scope and Contents The records are composed of: private ledgers; ledger balances; exchequer business; letter books; and, correspondence on conveyancing.
Scope and Contents Management 1728-1974; administration 1854-2002; finance (ledgers) 1729-1969; salaries and wages books 1880-1968; finance (papers) 1727-1974; supplies: drugs, housekeeping etc 1797-1968; plans and buildings 1738-1988; correspondence 1727-1984; societies attached to the RIE 1913-2001; schools attached to the RIE 1913-1985; professional associations 1933-1986; nursing 1828-1998; medical students 1768-1987; Residency 1838-1987; non-nursing staff 1842-1988; patients: financial 1856-1964; patients...
Found in: Lothian Health Services Archive
- Subject: Law X
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 30
- Lothian Health Services Archive 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 8
- Hume, David, 1757-1838 (judge, Baron of the Scottish Exchequer) 4
- Aitchison, Thomas Milne, fl. 1949-1953 1
- Baird, William, fl. 1670-1680 ('of Dysart') 1
- Bell, George Joseph, 1770-1843 (advocate, Professor of Scots Law at the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Berry, William, 1864-1954 (4th of Tayfield | Legal profession) 1
- Bever, Thomas, 1725-1791, Scholar in Civil law 1
- Fraser, Thomas Richard, Sir, 1841-1920 (physician and pharmacologist, professor of medicine at the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Grimond, Magnus, fl 1970s-2010s (Edinburgh University alumnus) 1
- Jex-Blake, Sophia Louisa, 1840-1912 (medical practitioner, reformer and suffragette) 1
- Lindsay, William, fl. 1842-1843, Secretary of Scots Law Society 1
- Lorimer, James, 1818-1890 (Professor of Law) 1
- MacQueen, Frances M., fl. 1975-1979 (civil servant) 1
- MacQueen, Hector L., Professor, fl. 1975-1979 (professor of private law) 1
- Maconochie, Lord Meadowbank, Allan, 1748-1816 (Scottish judge) 1
- Main, Alexander Herbert, fl. 1930-1935 1
- Moffat, John, 1935-1973, Lecturer in Public Law 1
- Moncrieffe, Rupert Iain Kay, Sir, 1919-1985 (11th Baronet, officer, genealogist) 1
- Orr, Robert Low, fl 1870s-1880s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Orr, William J, fl 1870s-1880s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Pye, Thomas A., fl. 1916-1947, Rev. 1
- Robertson, John, b. 1930 (student Edinburgh University, Law Faculty, 1951-1954) 1
- Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh (1729-:) 1
- Sees, Thomas, fl 1820s (Law student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Smith, Thomas Broun, Professor, 1915-1988 (professor of civil (Roman Law), Edinburgh University ) 1
- Socrates 1
- Sutherland, Robert, b. 1926 (Writer to the Signet, Notary Public) 1
- Thomson, A., fl 1860, Secretary of Scots Law Society 1
- University of Pennsylvania (1791-:) (university) 1
- Wallace, Forbes T., fl. 1895-1897 (student, Edinburgh University) 1 ∧ less