Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Fonds — Volume: Dc.2.41
Scope and Contents Single volume, though one that has been part of a larger set, containing lectures given by Joseph Black, beginning 30 Oct 1782. The lectures are numbered 1 through to 59, with and indication that they were continued in a further volume (not present). The volume is paginated and bound between pages is a fold-out drawing, dated 1784, of a thermometer, marked with properties/states of various substances at specific temperatures.The author of the volume is unknown but was almost certainly one...
Scope and Contents Notes of lectures on 'Physiology for Ladies' given by Edward Henry Sieveking at Stamford Hill, taken by an unknown person in 1848.
Scope and Contents The papers of Evan Whyte Melville Balfour-Melville reflect his academic, public, and private interests. There are many bundles of notes both in manuscript and typescript; notebooks; and, correspondence. There are Edinburgh University examination papers; Heriot-Watt Minutes from the 1960s; and, Edinburgh Corporation Education Committee Minutes from the 1960s. The papers also include census material; records of persons placed on probation; material relating to the Historical Association of...
Dates: circa 1910-1962
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents The Papers of Professor David Talbot Rice are mainly notes for Fine Art lectures in the 20th century.
Dates: circa 1938-1972
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents Papers of Professor Sir David Wallace containing undergraduate lecture notes, research material, contracts, presentations and notebooks from the Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre work; lectures and course material; off-prints; personal papers; and miscellaneous material.The material is arranged as follows:Undergraduate lecture notes and tutorials, Edinburgh University, 1963-1968: this section contains material related to Wallace's undergraduate studies...
Scope and Contents The papers at shelfmark Gen. 2044-2073 consist of notebooks of notes from lectures at Edinburgh University and in India, 1878-1890.At MSS 2592-2593 there are personal papers including correspondence, a school notebook of handwriting dated 1875, and a school fees receipt dated 1869; photographs; notes of Natural Philosophy classes, 1879; and, essays, 1879. There is material marking celebrations of Edinburgh University Tercentenary; material of the Dialectic Society and the Diagnostic...
Dates: circa 1869-1930
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1615
Content Description This fonds consists of the papers and personal lectures of Sir Alastair Currie, who was Professor of Pathology at the University of Edinburgh from 1972 to 1986. It contains his lectures on various subjects related to pathology, and inuagural lectures given in Dundee, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Brisbane, Nairobi, etc. Personal lectures, 1960-1970 Personal lectures, 1970 Personal...
Scope and Contents The papers of Sir Isaac Bayley Balfour consist of material relating to work on the flora of Socotra, 1883; letters; class tickets from 1871 and into the mid-1870s; notebook; notes; lecture notes; University of Glasgow class catalogues; material relating to the University of Edinburgh Commission of 1858, and its Reports on Botany, and Botany in the Arts Curriculum; material on the Universities Scotland Bill; and, material on botany excursions.
Dates: circa 1870-1920
Scope and Contents Papers of four members of the Balfour-Melville family: Evan Whyte Melville Balfour-Melville, James Balfour-Melville of Strathkinness, John Whyte-Melville of Strathkinness, and Mary Louisa Dundas, later Mrs J. H. Balfour-Melville. 15 notebooks containing mainly lecture notes, essays, etc., that belonged to Evan Whyte Melville Balfour-Melville, ca 1910-1962. Diary of James Balfour-Melville of...
Dates: 1817-1867; c 1910-1962
- Family papers 2
- Photographs 2
- Art, Byzantine | 1
- Art, Islamic | 1
- Art, Medieval 1
- Arts 1
- Botanists 1
- Botany 1
- Chemistry 1
- Christianity 1
- Correspondence 1
- Diaries 1
- Education, Higher 1
- English literature | 20th century 1
- Examination Papers 1
- Golf 1
- History 1
- India -- Madras 1
- London (England) 1
- Minutes 1
- Pathologists 1
- Physics 1
- Physiology 1
- Quantum Theory 1
- Research 1
- Student lecture notes 1
- Travel writing 1
- University of Edinburgh -- staff 1
- University of Edinburgh -- students 1
- Womens health | 1 ∧ less
- Balfour-Melville, Evan Whyte Melville, 1887-1963 (Senior lecturer in history, University of Edinburgh) 2
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 2
- Balfour, Sir Isaac Bayley, 1853-1922 (professor of botany, University of Edinburgh and regius keeper of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh) 1
- Black, Joseph, 1728-1799 (professor of chemistry, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Currie, Sir Alastair Robert, 1921-1994 (Professor of Pathology, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Edinburgh University Diagnostic Society 1
- Edinburgh University Dialectic Society 1
- Heriot-Watt College (1885-1966) 1
- James I, 1394-1437 (King of Scotland) 1
- Macphail, Earle Monteith, 1861-1937 (Principal of Madras Christian College) 1
- Melville, James Balfour, of Strathkinness, 1815-1897 1
- Melville, John Whyte, of Bennochie and Strathkinness, c 1797-1883 1
- Melville, Mary Louisa Balfour-, d 1930 (née Dundas) 1
- Rice, David Talbot, 1903-1972 (art historian) 1
- Sieveking, Edward Henry, 1816-1904 (English physician) 1
- The Scottish History Society (1886-) 1
- University of Edinburgh. Department of Pathology (1831-) 1
- Wallace, Sir David James, b 1945 (British physicist; former Master of Churchill College) 1 ∧ less