Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Notes of lectures given by Sir Alexander Russell Simpson and Sir Thomas Grainger Stewart, taken down by Kenneth R. Brown
Scope and Contents Notebooks containing lecture notes taken down by Kenneth R. Brown in 1885-1887, bearing his bookplate. Notes on lectures given by Sir Thomas Grainger Stewart. 'Lectures on the Practice of Physic'. Edinburgh University, 1885-1886, 2 vols. Notes on lectures given by Sir Alexander Russell Simpson. Lectures on midwifery, and lectures on gynaecology. Edinburgh University, 1886-1887. ...
Scope and Contents Two volumes containing notes of lectures on midwifery by Thomas Young given in 1763-1764, and notes of lectures on 'the practice of physic' given by Andrew Duncan Snr in 1778.
Scope and Contents Volume containing notes of lectures in 'midwifery and diseases of women' given by Sir James Young Simpson, taken down by George Dickson at the University of Edinburgh, 1862-1863.
- Midwifery 2
- Gynecology 1
- Medical students 1
- Medicine | History | 1
- University of Edinburgh -- students 1
- Brown, Kenneth R, fl 1880s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Dickson, George, fl 1860s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Duncan, Andrew, 1744-1828 (the elder | British physician | Professor at University of Edinburgh) 1
- Guthrie, Douglas James, 1885-1975 (surgeon and historian of medicine) 1
- Simpson, Sir Alexander Russell, 1835-1916 (professor of midwifery, University of Edinburgh) 1