Showing Collections: 11 - 18 of 18
Scope and Contents Certificates 1886-1887; testimonials 1890; photocopies of all items; photograph of Mary Morrison
Scope and Contents Notes of lectures on midwifery given by John Holliday Croom in 1899 and 1905-1906, taken down by P. J. F. Garvey.
Notes of lectures given by Sir Alexander Russell Simpson and Sir Thomas Grainger Stewart, taken down by Kenneth R. Brown
Scope and Contents Notebooks containing lecture notes taken down by Kenneth R. Brown in 1885-1887, bearing his bookplate. Notes on lectures given by Sir Thomas Grainger Stewart. 'Lectures on the Practice of Physic'. Edinburgh University, 1885-1886, 2 vols. Notes on lectures given by Sir Alexander Russell Simpson. Lectures on midwifery, and lectures on gynaecology. Edinburgh University, 1886-1887. ...
Scope and Contents Two volumes containing notes of lectures on midwifery by Thomas Young given in 1763-1764, and notes of lectures on 'the practice of physic' given by Andrew Duncan Snr in 1778.
Scope and Contents Volume containing notes of lectures in 'midwifery and diseases of women' given by Sir James Young Simpson, taken down by George Dickson at the University of Edinburgh, 1862-1863.
Scope and Contents Photocopy of nurse's midwifery diploma awarded to Mary Simpson by Alexander R. Simpson University of Edinburgh 1879; photocopy of Edinburgh Royal Maternity Hospital training certificate awarded to Mary Simpson 1879
Scope and Contents Student midwife's case book 1947
- Subject: Midwifery X
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 9
- Lothian Health Services Archive 9
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 4
- Young, Thomas, 1726-1783 (physician and professor of midwifery) 4
- Boreland, Sarah, fl. 1816 1
- Brown, Kenneth R, fl 1880s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Croom, John Halliday, Professor Sir, 1847-1923 (physician) 1
- Dickson, George, fl 1860s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Duncan, Andrew, 1744-1828 (the elder | British physician | Professor at University of Edinburgh) 1
- Garvey, P J F, fl 1890s-1900s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Guthrie, Douglas James, 1885-1975 (surgeon and historian of medicine) 1
- Hamilton, James, 1767-1839 (Professor of Midwifery) 1
- Johnson, James, fl. 1774-1775 (student, Edinburgh University) 1
- Simpson, Sir Alexander Russell, 1835-1916 (professor of midwifery, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Simpson, Sir James Young, 1811-1870 (Professor of Midwifery, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Stewart, Sir Thomas Grainger, 1837-1900 (Physician, President of the BMA) 1
- Thorne, Isabel Jane, 1834-1910 (campaigner for medical education for women) 1 ∧ less