Showing Collections: 21 - 27 of 27
Scope and Contents The collections is composed of autobiographical, biographical, memoir, and obituary material relating to Professor A. C. Aitken; war souvenirs and maps; correspondence relating to Aitken's publication From Gallipoli to the Somme; review material relating to From Gallipoli to the Somme; circa 20 photographs, both portrait and group; 3 commonplace (scrap-)books containing cuttings and newspaper articles on a variety of subjects -...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of a variety of typescript and manuscript material. This includes: Lectures on the history of music Lectures in counterpoint and harmony Contrapuntal compositions for analysis Compositions, loose sheet music Note-books Notes on history and form Lectures on accompaniment, modulation...
Identifier: MS ALL
Scope and Contents See External Documents (below).
Found in: New College Library Special Collections
Scope and Contents
- Records of foundation and dissolution
- Minutes of meetings
- Membership records
- Financial records
- Papers relating to the Scottish Universities Commission
- Newspapers relating to the society
Scope and Contents The music in the book (49 pages) includes: strathspeys, hornpipes, quicksteps, reels, and jigs.
Scope and Contents The Angus Fraser Music Manuscript consists of three named collections intended for publication, a series of sets of variations mostly on well-known airs, and a variety of less-organised manuscript pages. The differing interests of Simon Fraser and Angus Fraser are reflected in the Manuscript.
Scope and Contents The Bronze medals awarded by the University of Edinburgh to Christina Struthers are: History of Music, 1893-1894 Counterpoint and Composition,1895-1896 Musical Analysis, 1897-1898 They had been presented in small padded cases prepared by: Alexander Kirkwood and Son, Medalists, 9 St. James Square, Edinburgh. This Edinburgh firm of medalists...
- Subject: Music X
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 26
- New College Library Special Collections 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 3
- Hood, Helen Patuffa, 1889-1967 (harpist) 2
- Absolon, Elizabeth, fl. 1850-1857 1
- Aikman, James, fl. 1804 1
- Baillie, George, 1664-1738 (Scottish politician) 1
- Barsanti, Francis, 1690-1772, flautist, oboist, composer. 1
- Blades, James, 1901-1999 (English percussionist) 1
- Collinson, Francis Montgomery, 1895-1985 1
- Cowan, Kate M., fl. 1888 1
- Donizetti, Gaetano, 1797-1848 (composer) 1
- Education Authority for Edinburgh 1
- Firth, George, 1901-1983 (scientist, professional singer, teacher, choral and orchestral conductor, lecturer, administrator and author) 1
- Forester, Robert, fl. 1818 1
- Fraser, Angus, c 1800-1870 (Musician, Colour Sergeant) 1
- Fraser, Marjory Kennedy-, 1857-1930 (singer, pianist, folk-song collector and arranger) 1
- Fraser, Simon, 1773-1852 (father of Angus Fraser) 1
- Holiday, Henry, 1839-1927 (pre-Raphaelite painter) 1
- Joachim, Joseph, 1831-1907 (violinist) 1
- Leighton, Kenneth, 1929-1988 (Professor of Music, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Morison, Agnes, fl. 1829 1
- Morrison, James, fl. 1875-1893 (bagpiper) 1
- Niecks, Professor, Friedrich, 1845-1924 (Professor of Music) 1
- Sanders, Dora Susan Chalmers, fl. 1924-1928 (student; wife of James Russell Turner) 1
- Scottish Musical Society (1879-1900) 1
- Struthers, Christina, Mrs. Frederick Niecks, d. 1944 (Mus.Bac. 1899) 1
- Waddell Orchestra and Soloists 1
- Waddell, Maimie, fl. 1933-1984 (conductor) 1
- Waddell, Ruth, 1891-1980 (violoncello teacher and performer) 1
- Wallace, Alexander, fl. 1880-1910 (bagpiper) 1 ∧ less