Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents The Papers of William Speirs Bruce consist of a substantial number of manuscripts and ephemera including pamphlets; notes and notebooks; annotated typescripts; annotated offprints; picture postcards; photographs; examination papers; sketch maps; diaries; press cuttings; correspondence; lists of specimens; book catalogues; soundings; lecture engagements; lectures; and, maps. The Papers handle a wide variety of subjects including the 'Balaena', fish and fisheries, Franz Josef Land, the...
Scope and Contents Reproduction of the diary of John Fraser, then researcher at Imperial College, written during a land-surveying expedition to Spitzberg (Spitsbergen in Norwegian) in 1960. In addition to a day-to-day account of the expetition written by Fraser, the volume contains black-and-white photographs (orginals) depicting landscapes and various scenes of the expetition, a biographical note on Fraser, a photograph of Fraser himself at Imperial College, loose maps of Svalbard and Dicksonland, and an...
- Subject: Norway -- Spitsbergen Island X
- Antarctica 1
- Antarctica, Discovery and Exploration 1
- Arctic Ocean 1
- Meteorology 1
- Photographs 1
- Bruce, William Speirs, 1867-1921 (polar explorer and oceanographer) 1
- Fraser, John R, d 1961 (Glaciologist, Imperial College, and Edinburgh University graduate) 1
- Geddes, Sir Patrick, 1854-1932 (biologist, sociologist, educationist and town planner) 1