Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Content Description This fonds consists of the papers of Colonel Cecil Charles Murison, physician and surgeon in the Indian Medical Service. It contains: Certificates earned when he was studying in Edinburgh and in Liverpool, and in the Indian Military Service (1891-1930); Published medical articles by Col. Murison and some related correspondence (1901-1926); Small portrait photograph (undated)...
Collection — Box: CLX-D-72
Scope and Contents Two 'game books' which belonged to Major William Burton-Stewart, containing score tables recording his session of game birds shooting and black-and-white photographs of social events, hunting, and people. It also includes sketches and handwritten biographical and travelling accounts by Burton-Stewart himself. Places mentioned in the game books include Ratho Park, Conaglen, Stroud, Darleith, Lothians and the Borders, Venice, India, Ontario (Canada), etc.Highlights in the first album...
- Gamebirds 1
- Hunting 1
- Indian Medical Service 1
- Medical students 1
- Medicine | Research | 1
- Photographs -- Student Groups 1
- Physicians 1
- Travel writing 1
- University of Edinburgh -- Alumni and alumnae 1 ∧ less
- Murison, Cecil Charles, 1874-1942 (Colonel, Indian Medical Service) 1
- Pilcher, Percy, 1866-1899 (British aviation pioneer) 1
- Stewart, William Burton-, 1872-1936 (Scottish solider and politician) 1