Showing Collections: 11 - 14 of 14
Scope and Contents Many of the papers of Sir James Mackenzie are unindexed. The collection consists of correspondence, largely from the 1900s to the 1920s; notebooks; photographs of people and hospital locations; plans; medical journal articles and other printed material; bundles of notes; reviews of his work; assorted cuttings and typescripts. There is also an album of cuttings and notices, and Mackenzie's birth certificate.
Papers of Jacobus Louw Potter FRCP FACP Executive Dean Faculty of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, and Dr Elizabeth Mackay Potter
Scope and Contents The Papers of Jacobus Louw Potter, and of Dr Elizabeth Mackay Potter, are comprised of:Box 1: 1 x folder - correspondence, 1981-1987 1 x folder - correspondence, contracts and other material relating to film And so goodbye, 2003-2004 1 x folder - graduation material, programmes, seating plans, dinner menus etc - 1981-1987 2 x folders - collection of...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of the birth certificate of Thomas Cunningham Penfold, a graduation photograph of Penfold taken by G. R. Lawson, South Bridge, Edinburgh, a copy of testimonial dated 21 July 1891 in favour of Thomas Cunningham Penfold from A. R. Simpson, Esq., M.D., F.R.C.P., Professor of Midwifery in the University of Edinburgh, and several other notable teachers within the University and dated between 21 July 1891 and 18 August 1894, and a small number of newspaper obituaries...
Scope and Contents The bound manuscript volume begins: ' A treatise of the Materia Medica in which the Virtues of all the Simples of the three Kingdoms are truly described and they have been fully demonstrated by the accurate Observations of many truly celebrated Authors and particularly of the learned Dr. Charles Alston Professor of the Materia Medica and Botany in the University of Edinburgh and Reg. Prof. Botan'. The text in the manuscript volume is organised into the following components:...
- Subject: Physicians X
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 12
- Lothian Health Services Archive 2
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 3
- Alston, Charles, 1683-1760 (physician and botanist) 1
- Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain, 1926- 1
- Fordyce, George, 1736-1802 (physician) 1
- Gregory, James, 1753-1821 (professor of medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Jex-Blake, Sophia Louisa, 1840-1912 (medical practitioner, reformer and suffragette) 1
- Lonsdale, Henry, 1816-1876 (Edinburgh University alumnus; physician) 1
- Lowe, John, Dr., 1830-1902 (physician; natural historian and botanist) 1
- Macaskie, James Griffith, Dr, 1856-1945 (general practitioner) 1
- Macgregor, Dr., James D., b. 1927 (Senior Medical Officer for Colonial Medical Service, Chief Medical Officer with Shetland Health Board, District Medical Officer with Tayside Health Board) 1
- Mackenzie, James, Sir, 1853-1925 1
- Monro, Alexander, 1733-1817 (professor of anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Orient Steam Navigation Company, ltd. 1
- Oronsay (Ship) 1
- Penfold, Dr., Thomas Cunningham, 1872-1935 (Medical Officer of Health) 1
- Potter (née Ross), Elizabeth Mackay, Dr., 1924-1979 (physician) 1
- Potter, Jacobus Louw, Dr. (physician, scientist) 1
- Rutherford, Daniel, 1749-1819 (physician and botanist) 1
- Saunders, William, 1743-1817 (physician) 1
- Vigor, North, fl. 1745-1758 1 ∧ less