Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents An attractive volume of student's manuscript notes on Monro's lectures, Physiological Observations..., 1773, 58 pp. plus one page index, bound with Lectures on Comparative Anatomy ..., 1773, 72 pp. plus 3 pp. index, written in the same neat hand and each part with decorative penwork title. There are ownership signatures of William Graham, Edinburgh, 25th May 1774 and John Smith, Alnwick, 1st October 1783, to front free endpaper (detached) and small printed ex. libris bookplate of William James...
Scope and Contents 5 boxes of correspondence between himself and a variety of individuals (including James Watt, Prince Paul Dashkov, John Robison) and on a variety of subjects: linen bleaching, use of lime water, assays of ores, civic water supply, mineralogical specimens, absorption of heat etc 1 box of family letters between Black, his father and his brothers Samuel, George and Thomas ...
- Calorimeters 1
- Calorimetry 1
- Carbon Dioxide 1
- Chemistry 1
- Medicine 1
- Alston, Charles, 1683-1760 (physician and botanist) 1
- Black, Joseph, 1728-1799 (professor of chemistry, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Cullen, William, 1710-1790 (chemist and mettalurgist) 1
- Lavoisier, Antoine Laurent, 1743-1794 (French chemist) 1
- Robison, John, 1739-1805 (professor of natural philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1