Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Collection of offprints entitled "A Collection of Published Works by the Department of Surgery. University of Edinburgh" in three volumes
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description This is a collection of offprints entitled "A Collection of Published Works by the Department of Surgery. University of Edinburgh". It is divided in three volumes: 1957-1965 (vol. I), 1966-1969 (vol. II), and 1970-1976 (vol. III). The foreword explains that "as an appreciation of the outstanding contribution to Surgical Science and Immunology made by Sir Michael Woodruff during his occupation of the Chair of Surgery (formerly Surgical Science), his colleagues have compiled a collection of most...
Scope and Contents Lecture notebooks and laboratory notebooks containing notes taken by David J Lockwood during his time as a research fellow at the University of Edinburgh in the 1970s. Also includes a manual on IMP routines for data handling.
Content Description This fonds consists of the papers of Colonel Cecil Charles Murison, physician and surgeon in the Indian Medical Service. It contains: Certificates earned when he was studying in Edinburgh and in Liverpool, and in the Indian Military Service (1891-1930); Published medical articles by Col. Murison and some related correspondence (1901-1926); Small portrait photograph (undated)...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents Papers of Professor Sir David Wallace containing undergraduate lecture notes, research material, contracts, presentations and notebooks from the Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre work; lectures and course material; off-prints; personal papers; and miscellaneous material.The material is arranged as follows:Undergraduate lecture notes and tutorials, Edinburgh University, 1963-1968: this section contains material related to Wallace's undergraduate studies...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-352
Content Description Comprises paper drafts, data and notes relating to Taylor's research on multibreed projects at the Animal Breeding Research Organisation (ABRO) during the 1970s-1980s. Taylor has also provided contemporary annotations and information on potential future projects using the digitised experimental data provided here on two DVDs.
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Content Description Papers relating to Sir Frank Fraser Darling (1903-1979), ecologist and lecturer in ecology and conservation at the University of Edinburgh. This collection includes black-and-white research photographs of landscapes and animals, correspondence, African ecological reports and minutes of meetings, publications, handwritten notes, and tapes.
Content Description This fonds consists of the research archive of Professor David Sugden, including:
- His original thesis;
- Originals and printed copies of his fieldtrip diaries and four boxes of accompanying slides,
- Autobiographical texts reflecting on his career, and a detailed CV including a bibliography;
- Copies of his published papers.
- Research 4
- Medicine | Research | 2
- Photographs 2
- Physics 2
- Africa 1
- Animal Breeding Research 1
- Climate change 1
- Ecologists 1
- Ecology 1
- Geomorphology 1
- Glaciers 1
- Glaciology 1
- Human Ecology 1
- India 1
- Indian Medical Service 1
- Lectures and Lecturing 1
- Medical students 1
- Medicine | History | 1
- Medicine | Research | Scotland | Edinburgh | 1
- Notebooks 1
- Offprints 1
- Ornithology 1
- Photographs - scientific 1
- Photographs -- Student Groups 1
- Physicians 1
- Quantum Theory 1
- Surgery 1
- Surgery | Edinburgh (Scotland) | 1
- University of Edinburgh -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less
- Animal Breeding Research Organisation. ABRO (1945 - 1986) 1
- Darling, Sir Frank Fraser, 1903-1979 (human ecologist and senior lecturer in ecology and conservation, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Lockwood, David J, fl 1970s-2010s (Canadian Physicist) 1
- Murison, Cecil Charles, 1874-1942 (Colonel, Indian Medical Service) 1
- Sugden, David Edward, b 1941 (British Glaciologist and geomorphologist) 1