Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents The Colin Campbell Collection contains Gaelic verse, mainly songs; sermon notes and scripture expositions, the earliest being 1703; manuscript treatises; Colin Campbell correspondence, the earliest being 1664; miscellaneous manuscripts including domestic accounts, medical papers, minutes etc; notebooks, accounts, letters and scraps of Patrick Campbell of Achnaba; letters from mathematicians to Colin Campbell, and mathematical papers; a body of accounts, the earliest being 1553; a body of...
Scope and Contents The collection of Professor Donald Mackinnon includes lecture notes on the Gaelic language and culture, copies of Gaelic songs and poetry, religious texts such as hymns and sermons, fragments of medieval manuscripts, newspaper clippings, and photographs. As the first Chair in Celtic at the University of Edinburgh, Professor Mackinnon was very diligent in his work to document and share Gaelic language, literature, and history. The collection not only includes primary and secondary sources, it...
Dates: 15th-19th century
Collection — Box: CLX-A-1140
Scope and Contents Two personal scrapbooks of writer and Gaelic revivalist Iain Moffatt-Pender, comprising mostly clippings, photographs, and correspondence which together throw an interesting light on the social milieu of Scottish Gaelic revivalism in the first two-thirds of the twentieth century, including links with Irish artists and academics.The frist album contains several black-and-white family phtorgraphs dating from the beginning and middle of the 20th century, a letter from John Macmillan dated 5...
- Subject: Scottish Gaelic literature X
- Scottish Gaelic language 2
- Astronomy 1
- Manuscripts, Gaelic 1
- Mathematicians 1
- Mathematics 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Rugby football 1
- Scottish literature | 18th century | 1
- Scottish literature | To 1700 | 1
- Sketchbooks & albums 1 ∧ less
- Campbell, Colin, 1644-1726 1
- Gregory, James, 1638-1675 (professor of mathematics, University of Edinburgh) 1
- MacLaurin, Colin, 1698-1746 (mathematician) 1
- Mackinnon, Donald, 1839-1914 (Professor of Celtic, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Newton, Isaac, Sir, 1642-1727 1