Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 20
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of: 2 notebooks of sermons covering the periods 1756 to 1757, and 5 February 1792 to 4 November 1792, and a memorandum book containing sermon notes, lists of parishioners, and details of the Dalziel family.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of: sermons, lectures, address etc. on Old Testament books and themes, including 21 on Ezekial, 31 on Acts and the Gospel of John, and on miscellaneous New Testament books and themes; thematic sermons; miscellaneous thematic lectures, address etc; Biblical canon, Bross lectures on the Bible, history of biblical criticism, the Authorised version, Bible compared with other sacred books, development of biblical interpretation in the eighteenth century; material on Paul,...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of: notebooks containing a variety of material including sermon outlines, poems, letters while on a trip to Palestine, class notes, diary and sketches of Palestine trip, outlines of talks, convocation notes, and poetry scrapbooks of others; a packet of miscellaneous cards such as Edinburgh University class tickets for history, philosophy, and theology, library ticket, and General Assembly ticket; references to McCheyne's probity, and certificates of attendance and...
Scope and Contents The collection contains sermons, Denney's student notes and class essays, class lectures, and general papers and addresses.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of: sermon notebooks; lectures, mainly on Scottish subjects; prayers for public worship; miscellaneous poems, quotations from prose works, newspaper cuttings, and author and subject index, Anderson's Gleanings; a collection of anecdotes; and, memorabilia from the Moderatorial year, 1951-1952. See External Documents (below).
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of: a conference by letters with a Canterburian Minister anent the Arminian tenet of the Saint's apostasie; Duorum studiosorum de geniculatione ... collatio; A peaceable consideration of a paper against kneeling; Commentariolus de praecipius Pontificorum armoribus; Tractatus de forma et causa justificationis; Oratio in Academia Glasguensis comitiis habita a R.B. anno 1627; Oratio in laudem linguae Hebraeae in Academia comitiis ... 1629; and, My brothers books . There...
Identifier: MS 5004
Scope and Contents Sermon by Rev Prof John Young Campbell (1887-), preached at Kelvinside, Glasgow, on Acts 26 verse 19 'Whereupon, O King Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision.'
Fonds — Folder: SC-Acc-2016-0120, Box: data_value_missing_2593ea9464e5157dc644face32ad44ae, Box: data_value_missing_7830fd03fbb75a70bb27d5e2d16ad646
Scope and Contents The collection comprises around 50 separate items including small booklets of notes and individual sheets.
Scope and Contents The sermons - manuscript - are contained in a single volume. There is numbering within the volume. The item contains an inserted letter, dated 1901.
Scope and Contents The collection, as yet unsorted, is composed of : the manuscript preaching journal of Robert Scarth Valentine Logie and circa 100 sewn sheafs of manuscript notes - sermons; a catalogue of 468 discourses, or sermons, of William Logie (Senior), and accompanying manuscript sermon notes, together with a manuscript sermon preached in Lady Kirk, Kirkwall, 18 January 1816, for the National Thanksgiving 1816, the day appointed for thanksgiving after the final defeat of Napoleon Bonaparte (transcript...
- Subject: Sermons X
- New College Library Special Collections 13
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 7
- Anderson, William White, 1888-1956, Minister of St Cuthbert's Edinburgh, Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland 1
- Auchinleck, John (Minister of Auchterderran) 1
- Bates, William (Presbyterian Minister and Preacher) 1
- Bell, James 1
- Blackwell, George (Minister at Bathgate) 1
- Bogle, Very Reverend, Andrew Nisbet, 1868-1957 (Minister; Ex-Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland) 1
- Brown, J C, fl 1844 (clergyman) 1
- Church of Scotland 1
- East Harlem Protestant Parish (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Iona Community 1
- Kenrick, Bruce, 1920-2006 (clergyman | founder of Shelter) 1
- Logie, Rev. Dr., William, 1786-1856 (Minister) 1
- Logie, Rev. Dr., William, 1824-1878 (Minister) 1
- Logie, Rev., Robert Scarth Valentine, 1868-1948 (Minister) 1
- Mackinlay, Rev., James, b. 1756 (Minister) 1
- McCulloch, Robert , 1740-1824 (Minister) 1
- Merchant Taylor's School 1 ∧ less