Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents On a title page of one of the two volumes the contents are stated as being notes of Edinburgh University, Rhetoric and English Literature 1878-1879, Historical Course, Wednesdays and Thursdays. The name of James Malloch appears there too. Similar information appears on a title page of the second volume. These contents are stated as being notes of Edinburgh University, Rhetoric and English Literature 1878-1879, Theoretical Course, Mondays and Tuesdays. This volume shows the name, James Malloch....
Fonds — translation missing: en.enumerations.container_type.container: CLX-A-351
Scope and Contents Three volumes of notes on Dr. Joseph Black's lectures on chemistry. The full title is: 'Notes of Dr. Black's Philosophical Lectures on Chemistry, Corrected and enlarged by the joint labor of George Buchan Hepburn and Alexander Law, advocates'. Manuscript, in a neat and legible hand, of notes of Black's course of 57 lectures on chemistry delivered from 13th June to 22nd December 1775.
Collection — Volume: Gen.74
Fonds — Volume: Gen.694
Scope and Contents Notes taken by Ralph Richardson at, with accompanying syllabus to, lectures delivered by Sir Archibald Geikie during his first session (1871-1872) as Murchison Professor of Geology at the University of Edinburgh. Originally in five separate parts, Richardson had them bound into one volume, which bears his bookplate.
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents The law notes are composed of: Scots Law - 2 volumes Civil Law - De Pactis etc Roman Law - Edinburgh Session 1886-87 Constitutional History Personal Law (possibly Cambridge) Law of Contract (Cambridge 1883) Jurisprudence International Law 1884-85 Roman Law ...
Fonds — Box: Gen.784, Folder: Gen.784/2
Scope and Contents Notes taken by William S. Mitchell at lectures on French literature given by Charles Sarolea. This is most likely William Smith Mitchell, who graduated MA in 1932.
- Lectures and Lecturing 2
- Chemistry 1
- Classical Literature 1
- English literature 1
- French literature 1
- Berry, William, 1864-1954 (4th of Tayfield | Legal profession) 1
- Black, Joseph, 1728-1799 (professor of chemistry, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Brown, R (student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Cicero, Marcus Tullius, 106-43 BCE (Roman statesman, lawyer, scholar, and writer) 1
- Geikie, Archibald, Sir (Professor of Geology, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Malloch, James, fl. 1878-1879 1
- Masson, David Mather, 1822-1907 (Regius Professor of Rhetoric and Belles Lettres, Edinburgh University) 1
- Mitchell, William Smith (Librarian) 1
- Pringle, John, Sir, 1st Baronet (Professor of Moral Philosopy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Richardson, Ralph (Writer to the Signet) 1
- Sarolea, Charles, 1870-1953 (Professor of French and Romance Philology, University of Edinburgh) 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 1 ∧ less