Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection consists of miscellaneous undergraduate materials from 1978-82 belonging to Magnus Grimond, relating to his studies in law and history. Grimond studied at Edinburgh University between 1978 and 1982, although 1980/81 was spent at the University of Pennsylvania. Scots Law 1, 1978-79: course summary, reading and lecture notes and essays. Scottish Legal System, 1978-79, &...
Notebooks of lectures at the University of Edinburgh, taken down by Robert Low Orr and William J. Orr
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of 20 notebooks containing notes on legal and medical lectures given at the University of Edinburgh, taken down by Robert Low Orr and William J. Orr. Also includes some class cards, exam papers, and ephemera of Robert Low Orr. Robert Low Orr: Lectures on Metaphysics (Fraser) Robert Low Orr: Law lectures (Muirhead, Macpherson) Robert Low Orr: Scots law...
Scope and Contents Two notebooks containing notes of lectures on Scots law, 1808-1809, given by David Hume, Baron of the Exchequer (Scotland). Notes taken down by person unknown.
Scope and Contents One notebook containing notes entitled 'Notes of lectures on the law of Scotland, from 'Marriage' to 'General Service', 1810-1811. Lectures given by David Hume, Baron of the Exchequer (Scotland), at the University of Edinburgh. Notes taken down by person unknown.
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-359
Scope and Contents Two sets (bound) of notes on lectures given by Prof. George Joseph Bell. The notes in the second volume were taken down by Thomas Sees. Volume entitled 'Notes on the Law of Scotland from the Lectures of Mr Bell, Edinburgh College', 1822-1823 Volume entitled 'Notes on the Law of Scotland, from Lectures delivered in the University of Edinburgh, by George Joseph Bell Esquire Advocate', 26 October...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents The law notes are composed of: Scots Law - 2 volumes Civil Law - De Pactis etc Roman Law - Edinburgh Session 1886-87 Constitutional History Personal Law (possibly Cambridge) Law of Contract (Cambridge 1883) Jurisprudence International Law 1884-85 Roman Law ...
- Law 4
- Law (Scotland) 4
- Examination Papers 1
- Forensic medicine 1
- History | Study and teaching 1
- Law -- Study and Teaching 1
- Materia medica 1
- Medicine | History | 1
- Metaphysics 1
- Pathology 1
- Student activities | Edinburgh (Scotland) 1
- University of Edinburgh -- students 1 ∧ less
- English 5
- English 1
- Hume, David, 1757-1838 (judge, Baron of the Scottish Exchequer) 2
- Bell, George Joseph, 1770-1843 (advocate, Professor of Scots Law at the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Berry, William, 1864-1954 (4th of Tayfield | Legal profession) 1
- Fraser, Thomas Richard, Sir, 1841-1920 (physician and pharmacologist, professor of medicine at the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Grimond, Magnus, fl 1970s-2010s (Edinburgh University alumnus) 1
- Orr, Robert Low, fl 1870s-1880s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Orr, William J, fl 1870s-1880s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Sees, Thomas, fl 1820s (Law student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 1
- University of Pennsylvania (1791-:) (university) 1 ∧ less