Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents Seventeen volumes of lectures notes by Victor Field Usher, a medical student at the University of Edinburgh in 1902-1907, who became the first physician to introduce Arsphenamine (the first effective treatment for syphilis, developed by Prof. Paul Ehrlich) to the UK. The fonds includes: Three volumes entitled Practice of Medicine - Gibson, Philip & Bruce containing notes and...
Scope and Contents Edinburgh University medical lecture notes taken down by T. L. Kennish, c 1880s.
Scope and Contents Three volumes of notes of lectures given by Charles Alston, entitled 'A treatise on the materia medica ... from the lectures of Charles Alston, M.D., Fellow of the College of Physicians and Professor of Botany at Edinburgh. 1733'. 183 x 165 mm, rebound. They bear the armorial bookplate of Alexander Russell, M.D. It is possible that this is the Alexander Russell that studied medicine at the University of Edinburgh, and graduated in 1779.
Notes of lectures given by Sir Alexander Russell Simpson and Sir Thomas Grainger Stewart, taken down by Kenneth R. Brown
Scope and Contents Notebooks containing lecture notes taken down by Kenneth R. Brown in 1885-1887, bearing his bookplate. Notes on lectures given by Sir Thomas Grainger Stewart. 'Lectures on the Practice of Physic'. Edinburgh University, 1885-1886, 2 vols. Notes on lectures given by Sir Alexander Russell Simpson. Lectures on midwifery, and lectures on gynaecology. Edinburgh University, 1886-1887. ...
Scope and Contents Notebook containing notes of lectures on anatomy given by Prof. John Goodsir, taken down by Arthur Pearse (M.D., 1859) at the University of Edinburgh in 1855-1856. Volume 2 only.
Scope and Contents Notes of lectures on clinical medicine given by Prof. John Rutherford, 1755-1756, and notes of lectures on anatomy given by Alexander Monro primus, circa 1752-1755, taken by J. Cabbell.
Dates: c 1752-1756
- Medical students 5
- University of Edinburgh -- students 5
- Anatomy 1
- Gynecology 1
- Lectures 1
- Materia medica 1
- Medical students | Scotland | 1
- Medicine | History | 1
- Midwifery | Scotland | Edinburgh | 1
- Surgery 1
- certificate 1 ∧ less
- Alston, Charles, 1683-1760 (physician and botanist) 1
- Brown, Kenneth R, fl 1880s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Cabbell, J, fl 1750s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Caird, Francis Mitchell, 1853-1926 (Scottish surgeon, Regius Professor of Clinical Surgery at the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Chiene, John, 1843-1923 (Scottish surgeon, Professor of Surgery at the University of Edinburgh ) 1
- Dickson, William Elliot Carnegie, 1878-1954 (Scottish physician) 1
- Goodsir, John, Professor, 1814-1867 (professor of anatomy Edinburgh University | Edinburgh) 1
- Haultain, Francis William Nicol, 1861-1921 (Gynaecologist and obstetrician) 1
- Kennish, T L, fl 1880s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Mackay, George, 1861-1949 (British ophthalmic surgeon) 1
- Monro, Alexander, 'primus', 1697-1767 (Professor of Anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Pearse, Arthur, fl 1850s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Russell, Alexander, fl 1770s-1780s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Rutherford, John, 1695-1779 (Professor of Medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Simpson, Sir Alexander Russell, 1835-1916 (professor of midwifery, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Stewart, Sir Thomas Grainger, 1837-1900 (Physician, President of the BMA) 1
- Stiles, Sir Harold Jalland, 1863-1946 (Knight | British surgeon) 1
- Usher, Victor Field, 1880-1952 (physician, medical alumnus of Edinburgh University) 1 ∧ less