Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of 15 volumes of bound lecture notes that belonged to Ethelwyn Lemon. These notes were taken by Ethelwyn Lemon herself, or by other fellow female students, in the late 19th-early 20th century at the University of Edinburgh. Notes of lectures on British history given by Sir Richard Lodge, taken down by Barbara M Craw. Edinburgh University, 1904. (4 vols) Notes of lectures on...
Scope and Contents Diary of Helena Marshall when she was a student at the 'College of Arts', Edinburgh (NB - not Edinburgh College of Arts, which was founded in 1907, but probably the Faculty of Arts of the University of Edinburgh) and (later) a governess in Russia (Petersburg) and Switzerland. Also journal consisting mainly of notes from lectures at the College of Arts on botany, geology, zoology, electricity, Italian art, etc., 1869.
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Content Description This collection contains 10 files of largely complete lectures notes from Archaeology 1 & 2, Social Anthropology 1, 2 & 3, Fine Art 1, Metaphysics 1 and Computer Science 1. The files also contain essays, examination scripts, departmental tests, past papers, tutorial notes, personal notes on relevant books and articles, revision notes and typed departmental notes and course information. Two printed manuals entitled 'Notes on Imp Programming', part 1 and 2, are also included....
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-228
Scope and Contents Two volumes of lecture notes taken by sisters Susan and Janet Robb, originally from Woodend, Carnwath, dating from the 1890s and early 1900s.
- Notes taken down by Susan Robb on botany lectures given by Professor S. Elliot, 17 May 1901.
- Lecture notes taken down by Janet Robb on the subject of physiography, 1890s.
- Archaeology 2
- Botany 1
- Classical Civilisation 1
- Classical Literature 1
- Computer science 1
- Diaries 1
- Examination Papers 1
- Great Britain | History | 1
- Greek Language 1
- Latin Language 1
- Russia -- Saint Petersburg 1
- Scotland -- History 1
- Sociology 1
- Switzerland 1 ∧ less
- Brown, Gerard Baldwin, 1849-1932 (Watson-Gordon Professor of Fine Art, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Burns, Margaret, fl 1890s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Butcher, Samuel Henry, 1850-1910 (classicist, politician and professor of greek, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Craw, Barbara M, fl 1900s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Elliot, S, fl 1890s-1901 (Professor of Botany) 1
- Goodhart, Harry Chester, 1858-1895 (English footballer and Professor of Humanity, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Hannay, Robert Kerr, Professor, 1867-1940 (historian, palaeographer) 1
- Jamieson, F R, fl 1890s (lecturer in Latin Literature, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Lemon, Ethelwyn Lilias, fl 1890s-1940s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Lodge, Richard, Professor Sir, 1855-1936 (historian) 1
- Marshall, Helena, fl 1870s (Edinburgh University student, governess in Russia and Switzerland) 1
- Pattison, Andrew Seth Pringle-, 1856-1931 (Scottish philosopher) 1
- Robb, Janet, fl 1890s (Edinburgh University(?) student) 1
- Robb, Susan, fl 1901 (Edinburgh University(?) student) 1
- Stevenson, Isabella Watt, fl 1890s (Edinburgh University student) 1 ∧ less