Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of notes and news cuttings at Dc.2.76/17, a dissertation at Gen. 1931, and three manuscript diaries at E2008.14. The material at Dc.2.76/17 consists of a notebook (circa 17 pages) with notes accompanying several newspaper cuttings on various University activities. The front cover is noted 'Edinburgh University / Various Student Activities / 1887-1888'. It contains clippings relating to: the Rectorial Elections 1887 and 1888 and from theScottish Leader28...
Scope and Contents The collection comprises an Edinburgh University medal (bronze) awarded to Charles A. Anderson session 1888-1889, for the Senior Surgery class. The medal is mounted in a small case (Alex'r Kirkwood and Son, Medalists, 9 St. James Square, Edinburgh).
Scope and Contents The material in the collection is composed of: a list of candidates selected for Rockefeller Medical Studentships, 1942; a letter dated 3 June 1942 from the Universities Bureau of the British Empire indicating that travel arrangements had been made for passage to the USA; a typescript copy of the thesis entitled Fluid retention in patients with chronic liver disease by James S. Robson, M.B., Ch.B. (Hons), and with tables and figures to the thesis; and, a summary of...
Scope and Contents The scrapbook or album (commonplace book) contains class cards, class certificates, notes and other printed matter relating to the study period of James Kenneth Watson at Edinburgh University - covering 1888-91, and subjects such as Chemistry, Practical Chemistry, Anatomy, Practical Anatomy, Anatomical demonstrations, Botany, Natural History, Institutes of Medicine, Practical Physiology, Practical Pathology, Practical Materia Medica, including Pharmacy, Materia Medica, General Pathology,...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of correspondence, copies of committee meeting documentation, and printed matter: Box 1: Postgraduate Board, Policy and membership - 1975-1990 Scottish Council for Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education Education (SCPMDE), Postgraduate News - 1973-1979 Minutes/Committee and Sub-committee meetings - 1979-1992 ...
Scope and Contents Certificates 1912-1914; student ticket 1915; collection of autographs
Found in: Lothian Health Services Archive
Scope and Contents Management 1728-1974; administration 1854-2002; finance (ledgers) 1729-1969; salaries and wages books 1880-1968; finance (papers) 1727-1974; supplies: drugs, housekeeping etc 1797-1968; plans and buildings 1738-1988; correspondence 1727-1984; societies attached to the RIE 1913-2001; schools attached to the RIE 1913-1985; professional associations 1933-1986; nursing 1828-1998; medical students 1768-1987; Residency 1838-1987; non-nursing staff 1842-1988; patients: financial 1856-1964; patients...
Found in: Lothian Health Services Archive
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 5
- Lothian Health Services Archive 2
- Medicine 5
- Students 3
- Medical students 2
- Albums 1
- Commonplace-books 1
- Diaries 1
- Hospital patients | Scotland | 1
- Hospitals Medical staff 1
- Hospitals | Administration | 1
- Hospitals | Design and construction | 1
- Hospitals | Finance 1
- Hospitals | Law and legislation | 1
- Hospitals | Planning | 1
- Hospitals | Staff | 1
- Hospitals, Convalescent | Scotland | Edinburgh | 1
- Medals 1
- Medical records | Scotland | 1
- Medical students | Scotland | 1
- Medicine | Study and teaching | Scotland | Edinburgh | 1
- Nursing services | Administration 1
- Nursing | Scotland | Practice | 1
- Nursing | Scotland | Study and teaching | 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Public hospitals | Scotland | Edinburgh | 1
- Residents (Medicine) | Scotland | 1
- Sketchbooks & albums 1
- Teaching hospitals | Scotland | Edinburgh | 1
- University of Edinburgh -- Medals 1
- University of Edinburgh -- students 1
- Women students 1 ∧ less
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 4
- Anderson, Charles A., fl. 1888-1934 (surgeon) 1
- Carruthers, Dr., Samuel William, 1866-1962 (Doctor; Anaesthetist) 1
- NHS Education for Scotland 1
- Robson, James Scott, Professor, 1921-2010 (professor of medicine, Edinburgh University) 1