Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1593
Content Description Ths is a bound volume of manuscript material, correspondence and verse, by and about Thomas Brown, Scottish poet and Professor of Moral Philosophy at the University of Edinburgh from 1810 until the end of his life in 1820. The collection was almost certainly put together by his friend and colleague William Erskine, to whom the vast majority of the manuscripts are addressed.Contents: Twenty-seven autograph...
Scope and Contents The papers at shelfmark Gen. 2044-2073 consist of notebooks of notes from lectures at Edinburgh University and in India, 1878-1890.At MSS 2592-2593 there are personal papers including correspondence, a school notebook of handwriting dated 1875, and a school fees receipt dated 1869; photographs; notes of Natural Philosophy classes, 1879; and, essays, 1879. There is material marking celebrations of Edinburgh University Tercentenary; material of the Dialectic Society and the Diagnostic...
Dates: circa 1869-1930
- Christianity 1
- Education, Higher 1
- Family papers 1
- India -- Madras 1
- Lectures and Lecturing 1
- Brown, Thomas, 1778-1820 (Scottish poet and Professor of Moral Philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Chalmers, Thomas, 1780-1847 (Principal and Professor of Divinity at New College) 1
- Edinburgh University Diagnostic Society 1
- Edinburgh University Dialectic Society 1
- Erskine, William, 1773-1852 (Scottish historian and orientalist) 1