Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1534
Content Description This fonds consists of material of Helen Lewise Dougal relating to Patrick Geddes and the Scots College in Montpellier. Includes photos (originals and copies), booklets, letters, and a CD containing photos. Postcards of Sète and Montpellier, 1929. Article entitled Patrick Geddes in his Montpellier setting by A.D. Peacock, ca 1927. Print of...
Scope and Contents The papers at shelfmark Gen. 2044-2073 consist of notebooks of notes from lectures at Edinburgh University and in India, 1878-1890.At MSS 2592-2593 there are personal papers including correspondence, a school notebook of handwriting dated 1875, and a school fees receipt dated 1869; photographs; notes of Natural Philosophy classes, 1879; and, essays, 1879. There is material marking celebrations of Edinburgh University Tercentenary; material of the Dialectic Society and the Diagnostic...
Dates: circa 1869-1930
- Christianity 1
- Correspondence 1
- Education, Higher 1
- Family papers 1
- Geography -- Study and teaching 1
- Dougal, Helen Lewise, 1906-1976 (Scottish teacher) 1
- Edinburgh University Diagnostic Society 1
- Edinburgh University Dialectic Society 1
- Geddes, Sir Patrick, 1854-1932 (biologist, sociologist, educationist and town planner) 1
- Macphail, Earle Monteith, 1861-1937 (Principal of Madras Christian College) 1