Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Scope and Contents Edinburgh University medical lecture notes taken down by T. L. Kennish, c 1880s.
Notebooks of lectures at the University of Edinburgh, taken down by Robert Low Orr and William J. Orr
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of 20 notebooks containing notes on legal and medical lectures given at the University of Edinburgh, taken down by Robert Low Orr and William J. Orr. Also includes some class cards, exam papers, and ephemera of Robert Low Orr. Robert Low Orr: Lectures on Metaphysics (Fraser) Robert Low Orr: Law lectures (Muirhead, Macpherson) Robert Low Orr: Scots law...
Scope and Contents Three volumes of notes of lectures given by Charles Alston, entitled 'A treatise on the materia medica ... from the lectures of Charles Alston, M.D., Fellow of the College of Physicians and Professor of Botany at Edinburgh. 1733'. 183 x 165 mm, rebound. They bear the armorial bookplate of Alexander Russell, M.D. It is possible that this is the Alexander Russell that studied medicine at the University of Edinburgh, and graduated in 1779.
Scope and Contents Notes of lectures on midwifery given by John Holliday Croom in 1899 and 1905-1906, taken down by P. J. F. Garvey.
Scope and Contents Notes of lectures on Logic given by Sir William Hamilton, 1847-1848, taken down by D. Maclaren.
Notes of lectures given by Sir Alexander Russell Simpson and Sir Thomas Grainger Stewart, taken down by Kenneth R. Brown
Scope and Contents Notebooks containing lecture notes taken down by Kenneth R. Brown in 1885-1887, bearing his bookplate. Notes on lectures given by Sir Thomas Grainger Stewart. 'Lectures on the Practice of Physic'. Edinburgh University, 1885-1886, 2 vols. Notes on lectures given by Sir Alexander Russell Simpson. Lectures on midwifery, and lectures on gynaecology. Edinburgh University, 1886-1887. ...
Scope and Contents One volume containing notes of botany lectures given by Sir Isaac Bayley Balfour, taken down by James R Watson at the University of Edinburgh in 1890.
Scope and Contents Notebook containing notes of lectures on anatomy given by Prof. John Goodsir, taken down by Arthur Pearse (M.D., 1859) at the University of Edinburgh in 1855-1856. Volume 2 only.
Scope and Contents Three bound volumes of notes of lectures 'on the practice of physic', given by James Gregory (1753-1821), Professor of Medicine at the University of Edinburgh. The volumes have a bookplate with the letters 'RB'.
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of the lectures notes, photographs and slides of Rev. George Hastie, student at the University of Edinburg in the late 1960s. The lecture notes were taken by Hastie for his MA course at Edinburgh Univertsity between 1967 and 1970. The slides show photographs taken by Hastie in 1966, 1967 and 1968. Also includes a rectorial election leaflet entitled 'The Making of a Rector', printed for the Tom Hutton Campaign in 1968.1. The lecture notes include a complete set of MA...
- Medical students 4
- Botany 2
- Materia medica 2
- Medicine | History | 2
- Anatomy 1
- Charities 1
- Ethics 1
- Forensic medicine 1
- Gynecology 1
- Law (Scotland) 1
- Logic 1
- Medical students | Scotland | 1
- Medicine 1
- Metaphysics 1
- Midwifery 1
- Midwifery | Scotland | Edinburgh | 1
- Pathology 1
- Philosophy 1
- Psychology 1
- Slides (Photography) 1
- Student activities | Edinburgh (Scotland) 1
- Theology 1 ∧ less
- Alston, Charles, 1683-1760 (physician and botanist) 1
- Balfour, Sir Isaac Bayley, 1853-1922 (professor of botany, University of Edinburgh and regius keeper of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh) 1
- Brown, Kenneth R, fl 1880s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Cabbell, J, fl 1750s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Croom, John Halliday, Professor Sir, 1847-1923 (physician) 1
- Fraser, Thomas Richard, Sir, 1841-1920 (physician and pharmacologist, professor of medicine at the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Garvey, P J F, fl 1890s-1900s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Goodsir, John, Professor, 1814-1867 (professor of anatomy Edinburgh University | Edinburgh) 1
- Gregory, James, 1753-1821 (professor of medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Hamilton, Sir William, 1788-1856 (metaphysician ) 1
- Kennish, T L, fl 1880s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Maclaren, D, fl 1840s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Monro, Alexander, 'primus', 1697-1767 (Professor of Anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Orr, Robert Low, fl 1870s-1880s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Orr, William J, fl 1870s-1880s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Pearse, Arthur, fl 1850s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Russell, Alexander, fl 1770s-1780s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Rutherford, John, 1695-1779 (Professor of Medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Simpson, Sir Alexander Russell, 1835-1916 (professor of midwifery, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Stewart, Sir Thomas Grainger, 1837-1900 (Physician, President of the BMA) 1
- Torrance, James B, 1923-2003 (theologian) 1
- Torrance, Thomas Forsyth, 1913-2007 (theologian, and Professor of Christian Dogmatics at New College, Edinburgh) 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 1
- Watson, James R, fl 1890s (Edinburgh University student) 1 ∧ less