Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents The collection comprises an Edinburgh University medal (bronze) awarded to Charles A. Anderson session 1888-1889, for the Senior Surgery class. The medal is mounted in a small case (Alex'r Kirkwood and Son, Medalists, 9 St. James Square, Edinburgh).
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of Anne Davies's papers relating to her life as a medical student at the University of Edinburgh between 1939 and 1945, and to her training in three hospitals in the mid and late 1940s. It also includes photographs relating to class reunions and to the Edinburgh Graduate Association, of which she was president for a year. Student notes, c 1939-1944; 1969. Student manuals and...
Dates: c 1920-1990
Scope and Contents Notes of lectures on clinical medicine given by Prof. John Rutherford, 1755-1756, and notes of lectures on anatomy given by Alexander Monro primus, circa 1752-1755, taken by J. Cabbell.
Dates: c 1752-1756
- Medals 1
- Medical students | Scotland | 1
- Medicine 1
- Medicine | History | 1
- Student lecture notes 1
- English 2
- English 1
- Anderson, Charles A., fl. 1888-1934 (surgeon) 1
- Cabbell, J, fl 1750s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Monro, Alexander, 'primus', 1697-1767 (Professor of Anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Rutherford, John, 1695-1779 (Professor of Medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Schofield, Anne Dollar, 1921-2015 (née Davies | Physician) 1