Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents Notebook containing notes of lectures on anatomy given by Prof. John Goodsir, taken down by Arthur Pearse (M.D., 1859) at the University of Edinburgh in 1855-1856. Volume 2 only.
Collection — Box: Coll-1615 (E2015.19)
Scope and Contents Manuscript petition, ink on vellum (approx. 190 x 60cm in total, consisting of four joined membranes) with 248 signatures of medical students penned underneath text of the petition, also signed and dated by “J.Weatherspoon writer to the signet,” some light dustiness, several patches of discolouration, a few frayed areas at margins not affecting text.This huge vellum scroll bears the manuscript text of a petition dated 28 March 1828 signed by 248 medical students of the University of...
Dates: 28 March 1828
Collection — Box: CLX-A-1677
Content Description This notebook contains lectures on the works of Aristotle, dictated by Thomas Craufurd, Regent of Philosophy at the University of Edinburgh, and taken down by student George Dalgliesh. The lectures cover the third and fourth years of Dalgliesh’s degree, and, besides logic and metaphysics, deal with scientific subjects such as physics, astronomy, and anatomy. The notes are embellished with humorous doodles.
- Student lecture notes 2
- Astronomy 1
- Lectures and Lecturing 1
- Logic 1
- Medical students 1
- English 1
- English 1
- Latin 1
- Aristotle, 384-322 BC (Greek philosopher) 1
- Craufurd, Thomas, fl 1626-1662 (Regent of Philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Dalgliesh, George, fl 1660-1662 (University of Edinburgh student) 1
- Goodsir, John, Professor, 1814-1867 (professor of anatomy Edinburgh University | Edinburgh) 1
- Pearse, Arthur, fl 1850s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1