Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents The collection contains reports and calendars of the Association between 1868 and 1888 as well as class register books, 1867-1892; minutes and scroll minutes spanning 1868 to 1970 (ELEA and EAUEW); certificates in arts and register of names, addresses and subjects passed; blank certificates and diplomas; printed pamphlets on the history of the Association; photographs of the first women graduates. There is the correspondence of Mrs Mary Crudelius; and, acceptances of honorary membership of the...
Material relating to the winding up of the Edinburgh Association for the University Education of Women
Scope and Contents This collection of material largely relating to the winding up of the EAUEW is composed of: scrapbook of newspaper articles - mostly the Scotsman - about the Association from 1871 to 1879 copy of a booklet about the Association covering 1867-1967, by E.J.B.W copy of the Statutory Instrument, 1972 No.1185 (S.82) Education, Scotland. The David Masson...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of letters to Ivory Buchan (Margaret Ivory Ritchie Buchan) and includes: Edinburgh letters, 1931-1938, beginning on a regular basis in 1934, with comments on teacher training, and setting up a private school in Blackhall; South Africa letters, 1938-1951, going abroad for health reasons, early difficulties in South Africa, and about work in Benoni and Johannesburg.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of: sorted letters, cards, newspaper cuttings; photographs; a file on displaced persons, notes of reminiscences for broadcast; Automobile Association documents; letters from Sara Margery Fry (1874-1958); book on Sara Margery Fry; cassette tapes; biographical papers; pamphlets on Masson Hall, Edinburgh University; a report on women students; album of photographs relating to Masson Hall; newsletter of the Masson Association; several dozen foreign and domestic picture...
Identifier: EUA GD55
Scope and Contents This collection comprises: the records of Dunfermline College Old Students' Association (DCPE OSA), including governance and membership records, publications and records relating to Dunfermline College of Physical Education (DCPE), which may have been made up of donations from OSA members (see Custodial History); and donations of items from former College students relating to both the DCPE and DCPE OSA. The collections are varied and include photographs, artefacts and uniforms as well as...
Scope and Contents Minutes, publications (such as annual reports), correspondence, campaigning papers, and ephemera.
Found in: Lothian Health Services Archive
- Subject: Women -- Education X
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 5
- Lothian Health Services Archive 1
- Women -- Education 4
- Women (Education) 2
- Women students 2
- Benoni (South Africa) | 1
- Edinburgh -- Scotland 1
- Education 1
- Johannesburg (South Africa) 1
- Medicine | Societies, etc. | 1
- Physical Education and Training 1
- Students 1
- Teachers, Training of 1
- Women workers | 1
- Women's hospitals | Edinburgh (Scotland) | Maternity services | 1
- Women's hospitals | Scotland | Edinburgh | 1
- Women?s rights 1
- Womens health | 1 ∧ less
- English 4
- English 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Edinburgh Association for the University Education of Women (1868-1974) 2
- Crudelius, Mary, 1839-1877 (campaigner for women's education) 1
- Dunfermline College of Physical Education Old Students' Association (1912-:) 1
- Edinburgh Trust for the University Education of Women 1
- Masson, David Mather, 1822-1907 (Regius Professor of Rhetoric and Belles Lettres, Edinburgh University) 1