Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of 15 volumes of bound lecture notes that belonged to Ethelwyn Lemon. These notes were taken by Ethelwyn Lemon herself, or by other fellow female students, in the late 19th-early 20th century at the University of Edinburgh. Notes of lectures on British history given by Sir Richard Lodge, taken down by Barbara M Craw. Edinburgh University, 1904. (4 vols) Notes of lectures on...
Scope and Contents Diary of Helena Marshall when she was a student at the 'College of Arts', Edinburgh (NB - not Edinburgh College of Arts, which was founded in 1907, but probably the Faculty of Arts of the University of Edinburgh) and (later) a governess in Russia (Petersburg) and Switzerland. Also journal consisting mainly of notes from lectures at the College of Arts on botany, geology, zoology, electricity, Italian art, etc., 1869.
Scope and Contents The collection contains reports and calendars of the Association between 1868 and 1888 as well as class register books, 1867-1892; minutes and scroll minutes spanning 1868 to 1970 (ELEA and EAUEW); certificates in arts and register of names, addresses and subjects passed; blank certificates and diplomas; printed pamphlets on the history of the Association; photographs of the first women graduates. There is the correspondence of Mrs Mary Crudelius; and, acceptances of honorary membership of the...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Content Description This collection contains 10 files of largely complete lectures notes from Archaeology 1 & 2, Social Anthropology 1, 2 & 3, Fine Art 1, Metaphysics 1 and Computer Science 1. The files also contain essays, examination scripts, departmental tests, past papers, tutorial notes, personal notes on relevant books and articles, revision notes and typed departmental notes and course information. Two printed manuals entitled 'Notes on Imp Programming', part 1 and 2, are also included....
Scope and Contents Two bronze medals - University of Edinburgh:
1927-1928 - Economic Geography - Marion D. Wishart
1928-1929 - Banking - Marion D. Wishart M.A.Both medals are in presentation cases: black leatherette, with dark blue inset for medals, and silk-lined hinged lids. The name: Alexander Kirkwood & Son / Medalists / St. James Square / Edinburgh
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-346
Content Description This fonds consists of medals awarded to Emily Charlotte Thomson and Alexander Thomson , as well as one photograph depicting Emily Charlotte Thomson. Five medals of Alexander Thomson from the University of Edinburgh, in: chemistry (1886-87), practical physiology (1887-88), natural history (1887), Institute of Medicine (1887-88), and a blank one on the same model. Three medals of Emily Charlotte...
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of Anne Davies's papers relating to her life as a medical student at the University of Edinburgh between 1939 and 1945, and to her training in three hospitals in the mid and late 1940s. It also includes photographs relating to class reunions and to the Edinburgh Graduate Association, of which she was president for a year. Student notes, c 1939-1944; 1969. Student manuals and...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-327
Scope and Contents The collection consists of the personal papers of Dr. Asta Moller, B Litt and D Phil (University of Oxford), MA (University of Edinburgh), who made a substantial contribution to knowledge by her researches into the history of the coal industry. The collection contains: Examination papers in Arts and Science - Danish 1 and 2, March 1916 Honours' class examination paper in Political Economy,...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-360
Content Description This collection is composed of the papers of Agnes Irene Sinclair Coghill, medical student at the University of Edinburgh in the 1890s, and of a bound selection of articles published by her father John George Sinclair Coghill in The Lancet in 1859.1. The papers of Agnes Coghill include her degree certificate signed by the Vice-Chancellor, the Dean of the Faculty and the Senate's Secretary. She was awarded a Master in Surgery ("Gradum Magistri in Chirurgia") in 1897. Also included are...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1594
Content Description This fonds contains documents and photographs relating to Masson Hall, a hall of residence for women students who attended the University of Edinburgh. It consists of the following items: Two group photographs of students who resided at Masson Hall, dated 1943-44 and Summer 1946. One photograph bears the stamp of J. Campbell Harper, A.R.P.S, 181-185 Leith Walk, Leith, Edinburgh; One examination...
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 3
- Brown, Gerard Baldwin, 1849-1932 (Watson-Gordon Professor of Fine Art, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Burns, Margaret, fl 1890s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Butcher, Samuel Henry, 1850-1910 (classicist, politician and professor of greek, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Coghill, Agnes Irene Sinclair, c 1875-1904 (medical student; University of Edinburgh) 1
- Coghill, John George Sinclair, 1834-1919 (Physician) 1
- Craw, Barbara M, fl 1900s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Crudelius, Mary, 1839-1877 (campaigner for women's education) 1
- Dunfermline College of Physical Education Old Students' Association (1912-:) 1
- Edinburgh Association for the University Education of Women (1868-1974) 1
- Elliot, S, fl 1890s-1901 (Professor of Botany) 1
- Goodhart, Harry Chester, 1858-1895 (English footballer and Professor of Humanity, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Hannay, Robert Kerr, Professor, 1867-1940 (historian, palaeographer) 1
- Jamieson, F R, fl 1890s (lecturer in Latin Literature, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Lemon, Ethelwyn Lilias, fl 1890s-1940s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Lodge, Richard, Professor Sir, 1855-1936 (historian) 1
- Marshall, Helena, fl 1870s (Edinburgh University student, governess in Russia and Switzerland) 1
- Masson Hall (1897-) 1
- Masson, David Mather, 1822-1907 (Regius Professor of Rhetoric and Belles Lettres, Edinburgh University) 1
- Moller, Asta Winifred Russell, fl 1920-1981 (coal industry historian) 1
- Pattison, Andrew Seth Pringle-, 1856-1931 (Scottish philosopher) 1
- Robb, Janet, fl 1890s (Edinburgh University(?) student) 1
- Robb, Susan, fl 1901 (Edinburgh University(?) student) 1
- Schofield, Anne Dollar, 1921-2015 (née Davies | Physician) 1
- Stevenson, Isabella Watt, fl 1890s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Struthers, Christina, d. 1944 (Mus.Bac. 1899 | wife of Frederick Niecks) 1
- Thomson, Alexander, fl 1880s (doctor, Edinburgh University medical student) 1
- Thomson, Emily Charlotte, 1864-1955 (doctor; medical officer to Dundee Women's Hospital) 1
- Wishart, Marion Donaldson, b 1903 (University of Edinburgh student) 1 ∧ less