Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Handmade magazine The Cavalier, double Xmas no 1916 Vol. IV, together with a photograph album of the Smythe family
Collection — Box: CLX-A-375
Scope and Contents One handmade 'magazine' constructed by Scottish ladies forming a group called 'The Cavalier Club', composed of Barbara E. Smythe (editor), Susy F. Lumsden (treasurer), Jean Drummond, Victoria A. Drummond, Frances A. Drummond, Doreen Arbuthnot, and Susan Newdegate. The magazine is entitled The Calavier and was to be borrowed by a select group of recipients, to help raise funds for the war effort. This is the Double Xmas no. 1916, vol IV. It includes short...
Collection — Box: CLX-D-72
Scope and Contents Two 'game books' which belonged to Major William Burton-Stewart, containing score tables recording his session of game birds shooting and black-and-white photographs of social events, hunting, and people. It also includes sketches and handwritten biographical and travelling accounts by Burton-Stewart himself. Places mentioned in the game books include Ratho Park, Conaglen, Stroud, Darleith, Lothians and the Borders, Venice, India, Ontario (Canada), etc.Highlights in the first album...
- Christmas Cards 1
- Family archives 1
- Gamebirds 1
- Hunting 1
- India 1
- Arbuthnot, Doreen, fl 1910s (contributor to 'The Cavalier' magazine) 1
- Drummond, Frances A, fl 1910s (contributor to 'The Cavalier' magazine) 1
- Drummond, Jean, fl 1910s (contributor to 'The Cavalier' magazine) 1
- Drummond, Victoria A, fl 1910s (contributor to 'The Cavalier' magazine) 1
- Lumsden, Susy F, fl 1910s (treasurer of 'The Cavalier club') 1