Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Content Description This collection comprises an artist's journal, a set of handmade CDs, and an artwork produced by Sonia Ali during her studies at the Edinburgh College of Art in 2013/14 (MA Art Space Nature). Artist's research journal/book: this research journal documents the artist's thinking and making process for a series of works in collaboration with University of Edinburgh – Evolutionary Biology Dept where she has worked...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1592
Content Description This collection includes a printed book with two enclosures, printed ephemera, and two medals related to harpist Helen Patuffa Hood and her mother Marjory Kennedy-Fraser, Scottish musician and folk-song collector. The printed book is a signed copy of The Road to the Isles (Edinburgh: Robert Grant & Son, 1927) by Kenneth Macleod given by the author himself to Patuffa as...
Dates: 1889; 1925-1928; 1946
- Artists 1
- Artworks 1
- Edinburgh College of Art -- students 1
- Folk music -- Scotland 1
- Folk songs, Scots 1
- Ali, Sonia, fl 2010s (artist; Edinburgh College of Art alumna) 1
- Boughton, Alice, 1866-1943 (Photographer) 1
- Edinburgh College of Art (1907-:) 1
- Fraser, Marjory Kennedy-, 1857-1930 (singer, pianist, folk-song collector and arranger) 1
- Hood, Helen Patuffa, 1889-1967 (harpist) 1