Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1555, Folder: Coll-1788 / SC-Acc-2016-0169, n/a: data_value_missing_1726cc6b241dc21a0e4d6a91f1d7f870
Content Description This letter from John Buchan to Professor Herbert J. C. Grierson was written from Elsfield Manor, Oxford, 7 March 1928. It is addressed to Grierson at his home on Regent Terrace, Edinburgh.The letter refers to Buchan's work on James Graham, 1st Marquis of Montrose. The Duke of Montrose had sent him verses 'which he believes were written by the Great Marquis'. He had gotten them from 'some old book which he cannot now identify, and in which they were so attributed'.Buchan wonders if...
Dates: 7 March 1928
Scope and Contents The records of Thomas Nelson & Sons Ltd. consist of: general day books, ledgers, account books, details of sundry creditors, letter books, and commission books for the years 1861-1915; general correspondence and letters to and from a variety of individuals 1895-1960; material from trade representatives, editorial notices, sales department material; and other miscellaneous material. Within the Nelson Papers there is a very large body of correspondence between John Buchan and...
- Names: Buchan, John, Baron Tweedsmuir, 1875-1940 (Scottish novelist and historian) X
- Children's literature 1
- Literature 1
- Publishers and Publishing 1
- Brown, George Mackenzie, 1869-1946 (publisher and politician) 1
- Graham, James, 1612-1650 (5th Duke of Montrose) 1
- Grierson, Herbert John Clifford, 1866-1960 (literary critic and professor of English Literature) 1
- Morrison, Hubert Peter, c1886-1971 (scholar and publisher) 1
- Neilson, Thomas, 1780-1861 (bookseller and publisher) 1