Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents E2010.32 consists of typescript copies of the Diary of Dr. MacIntosh. Antarctica 1956-1957 and Dr. MacIntosh's Diary 1961-1962. South on 'Venturer'. Ashore at Leith Harbour. Home by 'Harvester''. There are also photocopies of the diaries. The diaries were discovered in 2007 through a bookshop by George R. Cummings - Chairman of the Salvesen's Ex-Whalers Club, and a whaler on the 'Southern Venturer', 1961-62, and mess-boy on...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents The collection of papers is composed of (in Boxes 1 & 2) material in the form of memos, notes, lectures, off-prints, talks, illustrations, press cuttings, and correspondence, relating to: - Royal Society of Edinburgh, and Scottish Council Development and Industry - company structures and company responsibilities - companies and institutions with which Sir Gerald Elliot has...
- Names: Christian Salvesen Ltd. (1872-2007) (shipping company) X
- Antarctica 1
- Arts 1
- Falkland Islands War, 1982 1
- Fish populations 1
- Fisheries 1
- Elliot, Sir Gerald Henry, 1923-2018 (Chairman, Christian Salvesen plc) 1
- Groupe Norbert Dentressangle. Norbert Dentressangle 1
- MacIntosh, Ian M., Dr., fl. 1952-1962 (medical doctor at whaling station, South Georgia) 1
- Norbert Dentressangle 1