Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection — Box: CLX-A-352
Content Description A bronze and a silver medals in their cases awarded to Peter Haugh in the University's Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies for Zoology and Botany (1903-1904) and for Clinique (1906-1907); and three bronze medals from Edinburgh University awarded to Samuel M. Inkster for Chemistry (1869), General Pathology and Morbid Anatomy (1870-1871) and Practice of Medicine (1872-1873). Also includes an article by Gregor Macaulay explaining the medals.
Notebook of ailments and treatments entitled 'Practice of Medicine', written up by Herbert Thompson (d. 1957) at the Royal (Dick) Veterinary College, Edinburgh, c. 1899
Scope and Contents Notebook describing animal ailments and treatments, including of the alimentary tract, soft palate, common sypmtoms of diseases of teeth, salivary glands, the liver, and inflamation of the udder etc. There are sub-headings such as: chanping of jaws, grinding of teeth, paralysis of lips, disease of parotid duct, and etc.
Identifier: EUA IN2
Scope and Contents Provisionally: /1. Administration: Board of Management: Minutes (1905-1951); Property, Law & Finance Committee: Minutes (1921-1922); Finance Committee: Minutes (1923-1950); Education Committee: Minutes (1924-1949); Calendar (1889-1952) /2. Finance: Abstracts of Accounts (1906-1951); Ledgers & account books (1876-1951); Abstracts of Accounts (1906-1951); Capital Grants; Research Grants; Staff Renumeration; College Extension...
- Names: Royal (Dick) Veterinary College (1839-1951| veterinary college) X
- Medals 1
- Medals -- Royal (Dick) Veterinary College (1839-1951) 1
- Student 1
- Student notes 1
- University of Edinburgh -- Medals 1
- Veterinary students | 1 ∧ less
- English 2
- English 1
- Haugh, Peter, fl 1903-1904 (student - Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies) 1
- Inkster, Samuel M, fl 1869-1873 (student - University of Edinburgh) 1
- Thompson, Herbert, d. 1957, veterinary surgeon 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 1
- University of Edinburgh, Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies (1951-1964) 1