Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
Identifier: EUA GD60
Scope and Contents Small volume containing lists of scholars (students), their masters (surgeons who they were apprenticed to) and fees paid. In addition there are some details of boarders (1722-1736). Folded inside the volume is a copy letter of 28 June 1945 from the donor, James Watt WS, to Lord Amulree, sent to Univerity Librarian, Lauriston William Sharp.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of 26 original drawings of skulls by James Hogarth Pringle. These are contained in an album. There is also a printed volume of reproductions of anatomical drawings by him.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of circa 43 black and white photographs, many of them duplicated, of severed limbs and bones, the bodies in decomposition, skull and cranial features, foot casts, shoes and other personal effects. There are tracing paper sketches of skull dimensions, feet, and bone cross-sections.
Fonds — Container: CLX-A-1582
Content Description This collection contains two sets of material:1. Letters to Dr. Lonsdale, of Rosehill, Carlisle, and addressed variously to: Cumberland Infirmary; Marine Crescent, Waterloo, Liverpool; Playhouse Yard, Thomas Street, Scarbro'; and, Teviot Row, Edinburgh. The letters show that he was assembling information with a view to overseeing a biography of his mentor, John Reid. The collection of letters contains material which would have formed the core of such a work which never came to...
Matthew H Kaufman collection of glass slides showing sections of mouse embryos at various stages; Mouse histology slides
Content Description Collection of histological sections on glass slides of the mouse embryo at all stages of development created by Professor Matthew Kaufman between c. 1975-1990. Also includes two volumes for which the collection was used ('The Anatomical Basis of Mouse Development' and 'Kaufman's Atlas of Mouse Development Supplement - with coronal sections'); a file of supporting documents (an index to the embryos in each box and the identification of sections used in the Atlas); and prints of cross-sections...
Scope and Contents MS volume of Alexander Monro primus' History of Anatomy 1747
Found in: Lothian Health Services Archive
Scope and Contents This volume of notes is based on Monro's surgical lectures at Edinburgh Medical School, 1774-1775. The manuscript lectures are sub-headed Lectures 1-13 and are in two distinct hands - the first two lectures in one, and the rest in another. The paper is watermarked with a crown and the initials GR, undated, but this L.V.Gerrevink paper commonly used throughout much of the 18th century. Both hands are clear and legible, with just a few corrections, and occasional additions written on the verso of...
Scope and Contents The collection consists of two volumes of manuscript notes from the classes of 'Regional Anatomy', 1934-1935, and numbered Volume II and Volume III:
- - Volume II is concerned with the 'Thorax and brain'
- - Volume III is concerned with the 'Head and neck'
Scope and Contents An attractive volume of student's manuscript notes on Monro's lectures, Physiological Observations..., 1773, 58 pp. plus one page index, bound with Lectures on Comparative Anatomy ..., 1773, 72 pp. plus 3 pp. index, written in the same neat hand and each part with decorative penwork title. There are ownership signatures of William Graham, Edinburgh, 25th May 1774 and John Smith, Alnwick, 1st October 1783, to front free endpaper (detached) and small printed ex. libris bookplate of William James...
Scope and Contents Notebook containing notes of lectures on anatomy given by Prof. John Goodsir, taken down by Arthur Pearse (M.D., 1859) at the University of Edinburgh in 1855-1856. Volume 2 only.
- Subject: Anatomy X
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 16
- Lothian Health Services Archive 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 4
- Monro, Alexander, 'primus', 1697-1767 (Professor of Anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 3
- Monro, Alexander, 1733-1817 (professor of anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 3
- Alston, Charles, 1683-1760 (physician and botanist) 1
- Baldock, Richard, 1954- (computational biologist) 1
- Ballingall, George, Sir, 1780-1855 1
- Bickersteth, Robert (surgeon at Liverpool Royal Infirmary) 1
- Black, Joseph, 1728-1799 (professor of chemistry, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Brash, James Couper, 1886-1958 1
- Brash, James Couper, 1886-1958, Professor of Anatomy at Edinburgh University 1
- Cooter, Roger, 1948- 1
- Cowe, William Rolland Scott, 1915-1987 (surgeon and physician) 1
- Cullen, William, 1710-1790 (chemist and mettalurgist) 1
- Cunningham, Daniel John, 1850-1909 (professor of anatomy, Trinity College Dublin) 1
- Glaister, John, 1892-1971, Professor of Forensic Medicine at Glasgow University 1
- Goodsir, John, Professor, 1814-1867 (professor of anatomy Edinburgh University | Edinburgh) 1
- Jamieson, Edward Bald, fl 1900 (Lecturer in Anatomy, Edinburgh University) 1
- Kaufman, Matthew H., Professor, 1942-2013 (Professor of Anatomy) 1
- Lavoisier, Antoine Laurent, 1743-1794 (French chemist) 1
- Lister, Sir Joseph, 1827-1912 (1st Baron Lister | British surgeon and a pioneer of antiseptic surgery) 1
- Lonsdale, Henry, 1816-1876 (Edinburgh University alumnus; physician) 1
- Mackenzie, Basil William Sholto, 2nd Baron Amulree, 1900-1983 (physician) 1
- Monro, Alexander, 1733-1817 1
- Monro, Alexander, 1773-1859 ("Tertius", Professor of Anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Pearse, Arthur, fl 1850s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Pringle, James Hogarth, 1863-1941, Surgeon 1
- Robison, John, 1739-1805 (professor of natural philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Sharp, Lauriston William, 1897-1959 (University Librarian, University of Edinburgh) 1
- University of Glasgow (Scottish University)) 1
- Watt, James, 1736-1819 (engineer) 1
- Watt, James, 1863-1945 (solicitor, Edinburgh) 1
- Whytt, Robert, 1714-1766 (professor of theory of medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Woodcock, Alexander, fl. 1832-1846 (student at Edinburgh University) 1 ∧ less