Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
Scope and Contents The title of the design thesis is A centre for research and instruction in physical planning and it relates to a proposal for Gordon Square, London W.1. The item is in typescript and has photographs inserted. The work traces the activities of the Association for Planning and Regional Reconstruction, and offers a proposal for a new building for the Association.
Scope and Contents The drawings are of various sizes ranging from approximately A0 size down to 26cm x 35 cm and show the following: - some pieces showing architectural features/mouldings generally - George Heriot's Hospital Edinburgh - Details of Council Chambers - 1/2" scale - George Heriots Hospital, Edinburgh. 1/2" detail of North Entrance Doorway - Oak Cabinet 'French' dated...
Content Description This collection contains six notebooks of Edward Stratton containing handwritten ntoes and sketches on the following theme: 'history of ornament', 'architecture notes' from when Stratton was at Boroughmuir school, 'lecture and demonstration notes' (dated 1954), 'glaze recipes - tested' (c. 1966/67), 'records of work session 1952-1953', and a untitled notebook containing pencil sketches. Also includes a diary dated 1949, containing mostly comments on art.Also contains a booklet on Scottish...
Scope and Contents This collection of around 200 index-cards with manuscript research notes written in ink (cards 20 cm x 13 cm dimension) are divided by 15-index tabs into the following sections: WS Visits Hay, Bullock, Terry, Blore, Atkinson WS Tradition and Folklore WS Friends and Visitors WS on Collecting and Architecture Abbotsford...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents The papers consist of original sketches, mainly by Ormerod, of landscapes and buildings in Great Britain done during the first half of the 19th century.
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection consists of lecture courses, single lectures and notes (some revised and published later) delivered in the University of Edinburgh, or in its name elsewhere, by Professor Peter Jones FRSE, as Lecturer, Reader and Professor of Philosophy between 1964 and 1998, and as Emeritus Professor from 1998 onwards - including his unpublished Inaugural Lecture (1986) and Gifford Lectures (1995).Subjects of the lectures include, but are not limited to: Philosophy and Literature, Moral...
Scope and Contents A first tranche of papers of Sir Robert Hogg Matthew (acquired 1980) is composed largely of office papers, but does include personal material, letters of knighthood, and speeches. Otherwise, the papers are composed of: R.I.B.A material; and, material relating to other organisations including the Scottish Civic Trust; material relating to Department of the Environment enquiries; conference material, including the Vancouver Conference on the Environment; and, material on buildings in Hong Kong,...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of: architectural plans and drawings of non-ecclesiastical buildings mainly in the British Isles, but also in France, Germany and the Netherlands; a volume of cuttings and book reviews of Drummond's works; a notebook of Scottish history; a number of off-prints, 1935-1952, on various subjects including church architecture, Henry Bazely, Father Ignatius, and Pugin; correspondence, 1969-1980, addressed to Mrs. A. L. Drummond in connection with A. L. Drummond's books...
Found in: New College Library Special Collections
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of: Conceptual briefs, reports and drawings including reports on the various themes for the new museum; exhibition briefs; and, material directly relating to themes on Beginnings, the Church, Jacobites, Enlightenment, the Union, the Victorians and Edwardians, Land, Trade and Industry. ...
Fonds — Volume: Dk.2.1
Scope and Contents The collection of photographs and postcards shows the war devastation of Caen, June-July, 1944. The devastation is shown from different elevations, and feature not only the most prominent buildings but also the extent of the damage beyond the central area of the city. Some of the pictures show the streets and buildings of Caen before the bombings.
- Subject: Architecture X
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 14
- New College Library Special Collections 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 2
- University of Liverpool, Liverpool School of Architecture. Liverpool School of Architecture (1895-:) 2
- Abercrombie, Sir Patrick, 1879-1957 (professor of town planning) 1
- Association of Building Technicians (1942-1970) 1
- Burgess, Jim, fl. 1968 1
- Commonwealth Human Ecology Council 1
- Congres Internationaux d'Architecture Moderne. Mars Group 1
- Coventry City Council, Coventry City Architect 's Department. Coventry City Architect's Department 1
- George Heriots Hospital (1659-:) 1
- Gibson, Sir Donald Evelyn Edward, 1908-1991 (architect and town planner) 1
- HM Government. Ministry of Town and Country Planning 1
- Housing Centre Trust 1
- Hume, David, 1711-1776 (Scottish Philosopher) 1
- International Centre for Regional Planning and Development (1954-1960) 1
- International Society of City and Regional Planners (1965-:) 1
- Jackson, Alec Walter, fl. 1943-1947 (student of architecture) 1
- Johnson-Marshall, Percy, 1915-1993 (professor of urban design and regional planning, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Johnson-Marshall, Stirrat, 1912-1981 (architect) 1
- Jones, Peter Howard, fl 1964-1999 (Professor of Philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- London County Council (1887-1965) 1
- Lynch, Professor, Michael, b. 1946 (Former Sir William Fraser Professor of Scottish History and Palaeography) 1
- Matthew, Sir Robert Hogg, 1906-1975 (architect) 1
- Middlesex County Council (1888-1965) 1
- Modern Architectural Research Group 1
- Museum of Scotland 1
- National Museums of Scotland 1
- Ormerod, George, 1785-1873 (Antiquary) 1
- Orr, John, 1885-1966 (Professor of French) 1
- Percy Johnson-Marshall & Associates (1962-:) 1
- Playfair, William Henry, 1790-1857 (architect) 1
- Reilly | Sir | Charles Herbert, 1874-1948 (professor of architecture) 1
- Royal Institute of British Architects (1837-:) 1
- Royal Town Planning Institute (1914-:) 1
- School of Planning and Research for Regional Development (1940-1953) 1
- Scott Morton Ltd. (architectural practice) 1
- Scott, Sir Walter, 1771-1832 (novelist and poet) 1
- Service Arts and Technical Organization (1943-1946) 1
- Snoek, Henk, 1915-1980, Photographer 1
- Society for the Promotion of Urban Renewal (fl1950s) 1
- Stratton, Edward, fl 1950s-1970s (artist) 1
- Sutherland, George McDonald, 1886-1917 (architect, sculptor and mason) 1
- Tatton-Brown, William, fl1910-1986 (architect) 1
- United Nations (1945-: |) 1
- University of Edinburgh, Department of Architecture, Planning Research Unit. Department of Architecture 1
- University of Edinburgh, Department of Architecture. Department of Architecture (1960-:) 1
- University of Edinburgh. Edinburgh University Library 1
- University of Liverpool (1881-:) 1
- University of Liverpool, Department of Civic Design. Department of Civic Design (1909-:) 1
- University of Oxford. St. John's College 1
- Wainwright, Clive, 1942-1999 (assistant keeper, Victoria and Albert Museum) 1
- Willesden Borough Council 1 ∧ less