Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Scope and Contents The material is composed of artwork done for Penguin Books in the 1940s: Balloons, British shells, and Fashions.
Content Description This collection includes a printed book with two enclosures, printed ephemera, and two medals related to harpist Helen Patuffa Hood and her mother Marjory Kennedy-Fraser, Scottish musician and folk-song collector. The printed book is a signed copy of The Road to the Isles (Edinburgh: Robert Grant & Son, 1927) by Kenneth Macleod given by the author himself to Patuffa as...
Scope and Contents Correspondence between Fernand Maillaud and James Morton which concerns the commissioning and range of works purchased. The letters are in English and French. Additionally there are photographs in black and white of the works of the artist comprising images of paintings, tapestry and furniture. The correspondence is supported by a variety of catalogues made for exhibitions held, mainly in France, for the works of Maillaud.
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1556, Folder: Coll-1814 / SC-Acc-2017-0064, n/a: data_value_missing_44b80b509959822bc648ba45bbb5f781
Content Description The collection is a bundle of Dallas correspondence, often to 'My Dear Aunt' or 'My Dear Lilly'. His aunt may have been Mrs. Sweetland.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of 7 watercolour paintings/sketches which may be by Marie Laurencin. The paintings are undated. The signatures are underlined. Each is stamped with the Edinburgh University Reid Music Library mark, and a sign resembling upper-case letter 'L' over letter upper-case 'O'. The watercolours were in an envelope noted with 'M78 BLOW-26' in top-left, and 'P5231 G-N' in top-right. The envelope notes the titles of each watercolour, and these are listed as:...
Scope and Contents Birth certificate of J. M. MacGregor 1863; certificates 1881-1895; correspondence 1893-1897; photocopies of newspaper reports of death 1906; photographs; prints of watercolours
Found in: Lothian Health Services Archive
Scope and Contents Within the collection there is an autograph letter signed to James Nairne, on the death of Lord Eldin, placed and dated as Kensington, London, 12 June 1832. The letter refers to 'The Edinburgh Society of the Sons of the Clergy' and how they 'have done me [mu]ch honor'. Also, at a meeting in London, James Nairne’s health was drunk, and his brother 'Capt Nairne' made 'an appropriate reply'. Nairne’s announcement of the death of 'our antient friend Lord Eldin' recalls for David Wilkie 'a volume of...
Scope and Contents Contains: Coll-1461/1: original artworks created by Yolanda Sonnabend for C.H. Waddington's book 'Tools for Thought' Coll-1461/2: collections of articles and research materials relating to Waddington's work, including manuscripts for his books 'Beyond Appearance', 'The Man-Made Future' and 'Tools for Thought'; Coll-1461/3: letters to Yolanda Sonnabend, chiefly from C.H. Waddington; Coll-1461/4: printed and...
Scope and Contents The content of the Papers at shelfmark Gen. 273-286 include a manuscript volume of Gaelic songs, manuscripts and proofs of The songs of the Hebrides, papers relating to The Seal Woman, proofs of Life of Song, and newspaper cuttings. Correspondence at shelfmark Gen. 519-520 includes letters from various members of the Kennedy family in Italy to the family at home, 1879-1880, letters to Marjory...
- Subject: Artists X
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 9
- Lothian Health Services Archive 1
- Fraser, Marjory Kennedy-, 1857-1930 (singer, pianist, folk-song collector and arranger) 2
- Boughton, Alice, 1866-1943 (Photographer) 1
- Cromek, Thomas Hartley, 1809-1873, Painter 1
- Dallas, Elmslie William, 1809-1879 (artist, teacher and photographer) 1
- Hood, Helen Patuffa, 1889-1967 (harpist) 1
- Jex-Blake, Sophia Louisa, 1840-1912 (medical practitioner, reformer and suffragette) 1
- Laurencin, Marie, 1883-1956, French artist 1
- Macleod, Kenneth, 1871-1955 (Church of Scotland minister and folklorist) 1
- Mahler, Marianne, fl 1930-1950 (Graphic artist, Textile designer) 1
- Maillaud, Fernand (artist) 1
- Morton, James 1
- Nairne, James, 1782-1847 (lawyer and Writer to the Signet, WS) 1
- Sonnabend, Yolanda (artist and theatre designer) 1
- Waddington, Conrad Hal, 1905-1975 (embryologist and professor of animal genetics, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Wilkie, David, Sir, 1785-1841 (painter and artist) 1 ∧ less