Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 19
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of 5 (lacquer) acetate 78 rpm records containing a recording of a lecture on University teaching given by Godfrey H. Thomson in 1950.
Scope and Contents The collection contains reports and calendars of the Association between 1868 and 1888 as well as class register books, 1867-1892; minutes and scroll minutes spanning 1868 to 1970 (ELEA and EAUEW); certificates in arts and register of names, addresses and subjects passed; blank certificates and diplomas; printed pamphlets on the history of the Association; photographs of the first women graduates. There is the correspondence of Mrs Mary Crudelius; and, acceptances of honorary membership of the...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents The collection consists of 83 separate original drawings and watercolour sketches of Edinburgh used in hisMemorials of Edinburgh in the olden timepublished in 1848. The illustrations include buildings and streets in Edinburgh's old town as well as in the port of Leith, for example: the Council House of Mary of Lorraine when Queen Regent, Coal Hill, Leith; Roofs of houses, Grassmarket; John Knox's House; the Sanctuary, St. Anne's Yard, Holyrood; St. Giles'; a plan of old Edinburgh; and, many...
Lecture and teaching notes taken down by Diana K. Hastings while at Dunfermline College of Physical Education (1967-1970)
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of 3 files of manuscript notes taken down during the period of study, 1967-1970. There are notes from practical lectures and notes for teaching practice.
Scope and Contents Taylor's University of Edinburgh, B.Ed. degree graduation hood, 1948; First Class Certificate of Merit awarded to Elsie G. Taylor for her performance in Advanced Theory and History of Education, signed by Professor Godfrey Thomson, 1948; Sketch diagram of Room 70 showing positioning of staff and desks (collected by Professor Ian Deary during the Economic...
Content Description This collection includes textbooks, booklets, memorandums, newspaper cuttings, typed documents, and audiotapes relating to Dunfermline College of Physical Education and donated by David Wilson. The textbooks cover subjects as varied as history, physical education, sword-dancing, poetry, French grammar, self-defence, geography, etc. The fonds is arranged by types of documents: File on the history of Dunfermline...
Material relating to the winding up of the Edinburgh Association for the University Education of Women
Scope and Contents This collection of material largely relating to the winding up of the EAUEW is composed of: scrapbook of newspaper articles - mostly the Scotsman - about the Association from 1871 to 1879 copy of a booklet about the Association covering 1867-1967, by E.J.B.W copy of the Statutory Instrument, 1972 No.1185 (S.82) Education, Scotland. The David Masson...
Scope and Contents The content of each notebooks varies, though within Watson's fields of interest. Each notebook entitled Vol.1 through to Vol.6. Manuscript.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of letters to Ivory Buchan (Margaret Ivory Ritchie Buchan) and includes: Edinburgh letters, 1931-1938, beginning on a regular basis in 1934, with comments on teacher training, and setting up a private school in Blackhall; South Africa letters, 1938-1951, going abroad for health reasons, early difficulties in South Africa, and about work in Benoni and Johannesburg.
Scope and Contents Biographical and personal papers, c mid 19th century-1972; Publications authored and co-authored by Thomson, 1904-1954; Unpublished materials by Thomson, 1897-1954; Publications collected by Thomson regarding education, intelligence, psychology, and statistics, 1879-1971 Unpublished material collected by Thomson and authored by others, c mid 20th...
- Subject: Education X
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 17
- Lothian Health Services Archive 1
- New College Library Special Collections 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 6
- Moray House College of Education (1959-1991) 3
- Dunfermline College of Physical Education 2
- Edinburgh Association for the University Education of Women (1868-1974) 2
- Godfrey Thomson Unit for Educational Research 2
- Lawley, Derrick, 1915-2012 (statistician) 2
- Thomson, Godfrey Hilton, Sir, 1881-1955 (psychologist and Bell Professor of Education, University of Edinburgh) 2
- Armstrong College (University of Durham). Durham College of Science (1871 -) 1
- Bartlett, Maurice Stevenson, 1910-2002 (statistician) 1
- Burnett, James, 1714-1799 (Lord Monboddo) 1
- Burt, Cyril Lodowic, Sir, 1883-1971 (educational psychologist) 1
- Crudelius, Mary, 1839-1877 (campaigner for women's education) 1
- Duff, James Fitzjames, Sir, 1898?1970 (educationist and academic administrator) 1
- Dunfermline College of Physical Education Old Students' Association (1912-:) 1
- Edinburgh Provincial Training Centre (1907-1959) 1
- Edinburgh Trust for the University Education of Women 1
- Emmett, William B, fl mid 20th century (psychologist) 1
- Fisher, Ronald Aylmer, 1890-1962 (English statistician, evolutionary biologist, geneticist, and eugenicist) 1
- Hastings, Diana Kerr, fl. 1967-1970 (physical education teacher) 1
- Hotelling, Harold, 1895-1973 (mathematician) 1
- Kelley, Truman Lee, 1884-1961 (psychometrician, statistician) 1
- Kirkwood, James, c1650-1708 (advocate of parish libraries) 1
- Ledermann, Walter (1911-2009) 1
- Ledermann, Walter (Mathematician) 1
- Masson, David Mather, 1822-1907 (Scottish scholar) 1
- McFarland, Henry Stewart Noel, 1924-1973 (educationist) 1
- Mitchell, William Fraser 1
- Rackstraw, Marjorie, 1888-1981 (educationalist and social worker) 1
- Scottish Council for Research in Education (fl. 1928-2003) 1
- Scottish Gymnastics (sports organisation) 1
- St. George's Training College, Edinburgh 1
- Taylor, Elsie Gwenllian, 1922- (B.Ed. graduate, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Thomson, Hector, 1917-2008 (senior lecturer of ancient and modern Greek, University of Aberdeen) 1
- Thomson, Jane, Lady, fl. 1890-1971 1
- Thurstone, Louis Leon, 1887-1955 (psychometrician) 1
- University of Durham (1832-:) 1
- Watson, Dr., Thomas J., fl .1949-1967 1
- Wilson, Daniel, Sir, 1816-1892 1
- Young, Janet Everitt Maclean, fl. 1931-1951, Teacher 1 ∧ less