Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents This collection consists of miscellaneous undergraduate materials from 1978-82 belonging to Magnus Grimond, relating to his studies in law and history. Grimond studied at Edinburgh University between 1978 and 1982, although 1980/81 was spent at the University of Pennsylvania. Scots Law 1, 1978-79: course summary, reading and lecture notes and essays. Scottish Legal System, 1978-79, &...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Content Description This collection contains 10 files of largely complete lectures notes from Archaeology 1 & 2, Social Anthropology 1, 2 & 3, Fine Art 1, Metaphysics 1 and Computer Science 1. The files also contain essays, examination scripts, departmental tests, past papers, tutorial notes, personal notes on relevant books and articles, revision notes and typed departmental notes and course information. Two printed manuals entitled 'Notes on Imp Programming', part 1 and 2, are also included....
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-327
Scope and Contents The collection consists of the personal papers of Dr. Asta Moller, B Litt and D Phil (University of Oxford), MA (University of Edinburgh), who made a substantial contribution to knowledge by her researches into the history of the coal industry. The collection contains: Examination papers in Arts and Science - Danish 1 and 2, March 1916 Honours' class examination paper in Political Economy,...
Scope and Contents The papers of Evan Whyte Melville Balfour-Melville reflect his academic, public, and private interests. There are many bundles of notes both in manuscript and typescript; notebooks; and, correspondence. There are Edinburgh University examination papers; Heriot-Watt Minutes from the 1960s; and, Edinburgh Corporation Education Committee Minutes from the 1960s. The papers also include census material; records of persons placed on probation; material relating to the Historical Association of...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents The material is composed of notes, essays, and examination papers, and consists of: folder relating to British History I, European History 2, and Celtic I, 1972-1973; Medieval aristocracies and society, Medieval and early renaissance thought, and Theory and history of history, 1973-1974; Literature, war and society in France, England, and the Iberian Peninsula; Studies in Italian Renaissance history, 1974-1975; and an European History examination sheet, Autumn 1972. There are also a large...
- Subject: Examination Papers X
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 3
- Balfour-Melville, Evan Whyte Melville, 1887-1963 (Senior lecturer in history, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Grimond, Magnus, fl 1970s-2010s (Edinburgh University alumnus) 1
- Heriot-Watt College (1885-1966) 1
- James I, 1394-1437 (King of Scotland) 1
- Lubkin, Gregory P, fl 1972-1996 (Edinburgh University alumnus, President of the American Friends of the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Moller, Asta Winifred Russell, fl 1920-1981 (coal industry historian) 1
- The Scottish History Society (1886-) 1
- University of Pennsylvania (1791-:) (university) 1 ∧ less