Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Content Description Contains: A copy of Auerbach's PhD thesis, with handwritten corrections; Charlotte Auerbach's degree and honorary degree certificates, as well certificates relating various medals and prizes; correspondence with various societies and organisations; biographical papers relating to Auerbach collected by Geoffrey Beale in preparation of his biographical memoir of Auerbach for the Royal Society. These papers include copies of some of Auerbach's published books, cassette tapes of interviews between...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of a paper ( a 'mimeo' copy) on The genetics of populations. The paper consists of 364-pages, numbered. It contains chapters on general or static populations, forces which change gene frequency, mating systems, and appropriate breeding plans. On the title page is handwritten in ink: H. P. Donald (presumably of the Animal Breeding Research Organisation, Edinburgh, of which he became Director in 1951), August 1949. There is...
Matthew H Kaufman collection of glass slides showing sections of mouse embryos at various stages; Mouse histology slides
Content Description Collection of histological sections on glass slides of the mouse embryo at all stages of development created by Professor Matthew Kaufman between c. 1975-1990. Also includes two volumes for which the collection was used ('The Anatomical Basis of Mouse Development' and 'Kaufman's Atlas of Mouse Development Supplement - with coronal sections'); a file of supporting documents (an index to the embryos in each box and the identification of sections used in the Atlas); and prints of cross-sections...
Scope and Contents Collection is partially catalogued. Contains 86 volumes and one box of unbound offprints belonging to F.A.E. Crew. The offprints have been divided by subject (for instance, The Fowl, Genetics. Drosophila). Many offprints bear Crew's signature; some are inscribed to him by individual authors.
Scope and Contents Contains: academic certificates of Alan Greenwood and Janet Alison Vera Crockett; papers relating to the Institute of Animal Genetics, including a notebook detailing various poultry experiments, a report from the Institute (1943-1944) and various historical memoranda; papers relating to the Poultry Research Centre; reprints of journal articles and research...
Scope and Contents Contains: laboratory notebooks and bundles of research notes, including many from Waddington's early years of research in Cambridge in the 1930s; manuscripts, typescripts and related correspondence, including draft manuscripts of New Patterns in Genetics and Development and Principes of Development and Differentiation, and correspondence...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1478, Box: data_value_missing_aafc294cfdfa5580419db00749082c5e, Box: data_value_missing_0e2060f7541f4374d10caf673aa162e8
Scope and Contents Contains: a file of correspondence; inserts removed from various editions of Falconer's 'Introduction to Quantitative Genetics'; photographs of Falconer and colleagues at the Institute of Animal Genetics; cassette tapes of contributors to 'Genetical Research' 73:3 (1999) reading out their contributions.
Scope and Contents The archive comprises the working papers of Ian Mason, including: subject files in alphabetical sequence, mainly pertaining to animals; subject files ordered by country; reports on various visits and meetings; articles reviews ans reports by Ian Mason and others, including card indexes; lectures; publications (not by Mason); notes and correspondence; slides featuring animals in various countries, and maps and graphs, mostly distribution maps of cattle and other animals.
Scope and Contents This archive contains the working papers of Sir Ian Wilmut, including copies of published scientific papers, papers relating to Wilmut's scientific research including applications for funding, correspondence with the public and with various organisations, and material regarding the press and media and Wilmut's public appearances. The papers relate to Wilmut's work at the ARC Unit of Reproductive Physiology and Biology at Cambridge, the Animal Breeding Research Organisation (later the Institute...
Scope and Contents Contains: Coll-14/1 - Medals, including those presented at school in Penicuik and while at Edinburgh University. There are also medals won for prize animals at various shows; Coll-14/2 - Certifcates, Diplomas and Letters of Appointment, including Ewart's medical qualification certificates, and his commission of appointment to the Regius Professorship of Natural History at the University of...
- Subject: Genetics X
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 3
- Poultry Research Centre (1947-1986) (research institution) 2
- Roslin Institute 2
- Animal Breeding Research Organisation. ABRO (1945 - 1986) 1
- Auerbach, Charlotte, 1899-1994 (professor of genetics at the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Baldock, Richard, 1954- (computational biologist) 1
- Crew, Francis Albert Eley, 1886-1973 (professor of animal genetics and professor of public health and social medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Deacon, Margaret, fl 1969 (oceanography historian) 1
- Ewart, James Cossar, 1851-1933 (zoologist and professor of natural history, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Falconer, Douglas Scott (professor of genetics, University of Edinburgh and director of the Agricultural Research Council, Unit of Animal Genetics) 1
- Greenwood, Alan William, 1897-1981 (genetical physiologist and director of ARC Poultry Research Centre) 1
- Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics Research - Edinburgh Research Station. IAPGR (1986-1993) 1
- Kaufman, Matthew H., Professor, 1942-2013 (Professor of Anatomy) 1
- Lush, Jay Laurence, 1896-1982 (animal geneticist) 1
- Mason, Ian Lauder, 1914-2007 (livestock geneticist) 1
- Murray, Noreen Elizabeth, Lady, 1935-2011 (professor of molecular genetics, University of Edinburgh) 1
- University of Edinburgh MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine (stem cell research centre) 1
- University of Edinburgh, Institute of Animal Genetics (1930-1990) (university research institute) 1
- University of Edinburgh, Science Studies Unit (1966-:) 1
- Waddington, Conrad Hal, 1905-1975 (embryologist and professor of animal genetics, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Wilmut, Ian, Sir, 1944-: (professor of reproductive science, University of Edinburgh) 1 ∧ less